Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

NT scan with pics

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Had my NT scan today. I am officially 12w4d and my due date is now 10/25. There was some confusion on dates since my cycles varied in length. I asked the tech about gender and it being too early and she said while it is early she would guess boy. Which I figured because Ithought I saw boy parts very clearly that is the only reason I asked. I included the pics feel free to tell me what you ladies think! At least baby is healthy and had a hb of 171.
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww!!!! congratulations! I think I see boy parts but I'm not sure!

november117
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM
I thought so too but it could be cord too since it is so early. And, thank you!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Aww!!!! congratulations! I think I see boy parts but I'm not sure!

abra
by Abra on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

So cute!! My son was a boy for sure at his 13 week ultrasound. Some boys just cant hide that! :-) Congratulations! 

november117
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Thank you!

I'm not totally convinced. The thing that looks like boy parts is very transparent, kwim? Makes me think it might be cord. Or maybe just wishful thinking. Lol.

Quoting abra:

So cute!! My son was a boy for sure at his 13 week ultrasound. Some boys just cant hide that! :-) Congratulations! 

abra
by Abra on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I can never tell (and I have 2 girls and 2 boys), but DH is really good at guessing! 

Quoting november117: Thank you! I'm not totally convinced. The thing that looks like boy parts is very transparent, kwim? Makes me think it might be cord. Or maybe just wishful thinking. Lol.
Quoting abra:

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

gingerprincess
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
All babies actually look like boys before 13 weeks, 5 days. They all have a "nub". After that it turns into either penis & testes or clitorus & labia.
There are some other methods that people think are pretty accurate though, try looking up the 'Skull Method'.
Beautiful little baby! Congratulations! I'm about 6 days behind you & so eager to find out the sex of our baby!
november117
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I have read this as well. I can hope, right? Lol.

I did check out the skull theory but find it hard to ell with the pictures she gave me. With .You 2nd it was very clear and he was a boy.

Quoting gingerprincess: All babies actually look like boys before 13 weeks, 5 days. They all have a "nub". After that it turns into either penis & testes or clitorus & labia.
There are some other methods that people think are pretty accurate though, try looking up the 'Skull Method'.
Beautiful little baby! Congratulations! I'm about 6 days behind you & so eager to find out the sex of our baby!
november117
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
And, Congrats to you as well!

Quoting gingerprincess: All babies actually look like boys before 13 weeks, 5 days. They all have a "nub". After that it turns into either penis & testes or clitorus & labia.
gingerprincess
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Of course you can hope! I hope you get what you want, and congrats on a healthy baby. :)

Quoting november117: I have read this as well. I can hope, right? Lol.

I did check out the skull theory but find it hard to ell with the pictures she gave me. With .You 2nd it was very clear and he was a boy.

ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM
You might just see a cord.

We though brooke was a boy because the cord was sticking straight up between her legs.

And then we were told it was a girl.

But i know there are blood tests they can do
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)