Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

throw up

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM
  • 21 Replies
My son has been throwing up. He only throw up at night or in the morning. I took him to the doctor because he been having watery poops and throwing up but they just sent us home. I need advice on what to give him for his throwing up. He is 1
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Sorry little man is not feeling well. Did they tell you what it might be? Or just send you home? Do you think it is actually something to be concerned about?

Maybe crackers to settle his stomach? There is not much at that age you actually give him. Maybe pedialite if you are concerned with nutrition. Not sure if he is old enough for that though.
schultzal
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Medication isn't really going to help. I would try keeping a food diary to see if something he is eating is triggering it, and make sure he is eating often enough to keep his blood sugar steady.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:06 AM

There really is nothing you can do.  Just make sure he stays hydrated.  Although if he's only throwing up twice a day, I would suspect it's something he's eating/drinking.  And watery poops are necessarily something to worry about.

JaxsonMomma
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:25 AM
He doesnt want anything to eat or to drink. All he wants is my breastmilk. Could my breastmilk be making his sick?
JaxsonMomma
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM
They took a stool sample for the watery poop but for the throwing up they said nothing

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Sorry little man is not feeling well. Did they tell you what it might be? Or just send you home? Do you think it is actually something to be concerned about?

Maybe crackers to settle his stomach? There is not much at that age you actually give him. Maybe pedialite if you are concerned with nutrition. Not sure if he is old enough for that though.
JaxsonMomma
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:35 AM
That the thing all he wants is my breastmilk. He will push all foods away. Could my breastmilk be making him sick?

Quoting schultzal:

Medication isn't really going to help. I would try keeping a food diary to see if something he is eating is triggering it, and make sure he is eating often enough to keep his blood sugar steady.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:59 AM
If all he's drinking is breastmilk, that could be why his poop is so watery looking. Remember back when he was just on your milk without solids? His poop was liquidy because he only took in liquid.

As for the throwing up, I'm not sure. Your milk will help him get over whatever is bugging his stomach to feel better faster.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Just nurse him. He will feel better soon enough. My 16 month got sick and only nursed for 2 days. Great thing because he never got dehydrated.
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM

No, your milk is not making him sick.

More than likely he's got a stomach bug so he doesn't want to eat solid foods because of that.  Keep nursing him, breastmilk digests quickly and it will keep him from getting too dehydrated. 

abra
by Abra on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM

any fever?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)