Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Sibling nicknames

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:18 AM
  • 27 Replies
My dd has given her little brother a nickname. She calls him Jack! lol His real name is Giovanni. She can pronounce his real name perfectly, so that's not why she renamed him.

At first I couldn't figure out where she got the name from, but then I saw one of the cartoons she watches and one of the characters has a little baby brother name Jack. (It's on the Qubo channel, Timothy goes to school.)

Has any of your kids renamed/nicknamed their siblings something totally different than what their real name is? Did it stick where everyone called them that name?
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kblpooh
by Krista on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:57 AM
My son calls his oldest sister, sissy because he couldn't pronounce her name (Katrina) when he first started talking. He calls his other sister Bella, short for Isabella.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM
My oldest calls his baby brother J.J. and J. Like me and the hubby do and the baby calls Tyler his big brother bubba.
Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Dd calls Arthur boogie
Libra113
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM
My three year old calls her older sister sissy her name is Nevaeh which she can pronounce but prefers sissy.
LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM
DD is only 5.5 months old, so she doesn't have nicknames for her almost 5 year old twin brothers.
My boys though, call their sister either Maddie....short for Madeline or they call her beautiful.
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM

DS1 calls the baby Maus

DS1 (who is my stepbrother) calls me Schw/Schwo - which is like calling someone sis I guess

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Nope, they have miss pronounced them till they could say it right.

LuvmyAiden
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Ds calls dd livvy and irritates her greatly. She has always called him bubba since he's her big brother.

AubryJ
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM
My son calls his little brother Nene. His name is Nehemiah.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Bubby. Milo is only 16 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)