Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Stroller advice needed please!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:37 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi ladies,

My daughter is now 9mo and we do LOTS of walking on bumpy, uneven, narrow sidewalks, and going up and down staricases. we also have a very small car.

I have used the graco modes click connect travel system which has not at all been tough enough for what we put it through, although i love the large basket, the fact that it faces the parent, and that it's a travel system.

I need to buy a second stage stroller now bc the graco is jsut so humongus and heavy- was a terrible decision to buy it for our needs. oh well, live and learn.

Looking for advice on the best stroller to get that is strong and won't fall apart on the bumpy sidewalk and lots of travel, yet not big and wide, and with great manuverability. i should also add that i am short (5 ft) - i think the maclaren techno xt is great, but it feels like it may be too tall of a stroller for me...:(

all advice is welcome! thank you!

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I can't recommend a specific stroller but I would probably look into a jogging stroller. They are usually easier to maneuver than the standard ones.

linz04060913
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Can you baby-wear? Or are you running or doing something where you cannot safely wear your baby? I just wonder because there aren't really many strollers that can handle rough terrain like you're talking about. 

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 3:37 AM
I would get a jogging stroller the ones with the bicycle tires. If
money is a issue you can get the expensive strollers off of Craigslist for half the price.
ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Check jeep brand strollers.

Yiu just need to type in google, or go to babies r us, not hard
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Jogging stroller or Jeep brand

expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Not sure. Here's a bump
alshink
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM

I have the Baby Trend jogging stroller and I LOVE it! I bought mine on craigslist for $50 bucks. You should look there before you buy a new one. It maneuvers so great and I go for walks on bumpy terrain as well. It's also not too wide and it folds up pretty nicely. We drive a kia spectra (a smaller car) and it fits just fine in the trunk. I am also short (5' 3") and it's a fine height.

alshink
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Oh and my son just turned 10 months and he fits fine in the stroller and he will definitely be able to use it for some time to come.

Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM
9 months? I'd probably just beat the old stroller to death on the bumpy streets since she'll be walking full time before next year anyway and your stroller will be a fabric covered shopping cart.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
We use a jogging stroller and love them!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)