Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What did you do for LO's first birthday?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 18 Replies
LO will be 10 months in two days :( exciting but sad! Anyways, what did you all do for your LO's first birthday? I need some ideas :)
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM

We had a small family and really close friends party at my parents house down in FL.  

All of my kids first birthday's have been small and at my parents house.  They don't remember it, and it avoids them being overwhelmed with things when you keep it small. 

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

BellaBlue92
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM
That's a very good point. We live with my mom right now though in a tiny two bedroom, so I think it will be too small to even have a small party :/

Quoting JadeTigr7:

We had a small family and really close friends party at my parents house down in FL.  All of my kids first birthday's have been small and at my parents house.  They don't remember it, and it avoids them being overwhelmed with things when you keep it small. 

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM
We had a small party, mostly just family. We did a light lunch and cake and ice cream. Nothing fancy but it was fun.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM
We had a small party at home with just Family.
ciaras_mom_05
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM
We did a small party with friends and family. Lunch and then cake and ice cream.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM
For my oldest weer had a huge party with a hall and dj but only because we both have big families and it was cheap.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:30 PM

With both my kids we just did a bbq and had close friends and family over.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 2:26 PM

We attended a baby shower the morning of her birthday. They sang and had a tiny cake for her. My husband, my dad and step mom did a family celebration that afternoon. In mid March over Spring Break my mom had another little family party for her. Gotta love divorced parents!

noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Party at home with family and friends!
CheesyKitty
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Dd1 we went over the TOP bouncy house, bon fire, the works.

Dd2 we did a double party with my niece who turned 11. It was the Wonderful Ones. (Dd and niece birthdays are 4 days apart, they have the same Initials because they have the same Middle name and niece thought the all ones thing was "cool") Lucky that we did that though as she was sick as a dog. So Niece was able to keep all the attention but we still have memories :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN