Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

how many SIDs / baby no nos have you done

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:32 AM
  • 82 Replies
everywhere you read there are a million things NOT to do to help prevent SIDS. how many have you done and baby was fine?

I have crib bumpers, she sleeps with a blanket and for a while slept on a nursing pillow and once in a while we co sleep with her snuggled with our blankets on her.

For those who might bash my parenting:
* if I didn't have the bumpers she would crack her head on the crib every time she wakes up from kicking herself up towards the end of it.
* whenever she moves when she wakes up in the crib she always kicks the blankets off and away from her face,
* while she was on the pillow she was double swaddled and we used it cause of acid reflux,
* co sleeping with me is so I can get some more rest sometimes after a long night (long night normally means mommy had a migraine), she sleeps better and her face is next to mine so she never goes under the blanket
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I bed share and I don't like putting baby to sleep on their back. It's very scary to me. I put my kids to sleep on their stomach.
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Bed-sharing lowers the risk of SIDS, not raises it.

We bed-share.  I do not use blankets at all, and we don't have a crib, so no raised risk there, or crib bumpers.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
We bed shared with all of our kids. Our 3 month is sharing our bed, and will for at least a year.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

We co sleep.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

lind.shep
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
We have bumpers in his crib, but he has slept there maybe twice in the month he has been born. He normally sleeps with us. We let him sleep on his side, other wise he ends up pissed off.
ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
They sleep on their bellies, sleeping on backs to me is dangerous, especially since all of my children have reflux.

They use blankets, have toys in their cribs.
mysticatgal
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Ds slept with me on the couch at a couple months old most mornings when we'd be exhausted. I'd just have him near a boob so he ate while I slept. Mesh crib bumpers were used.
vilandra
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought I read somewhere bed sharing increases it, maybe I just read it wrong

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Bed-sharing lowers the risk of SIDS, not raises it.We bed-share.  I do not use blankets at all, and we don't have a crib, so no raised risk there, or crib bumpers. 

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

We bedshare (which reduces the risk of SIDS) and I breastfeed. I'm not sure what 'no no's' we could have possibly done. If there was something that was increasing the risk of SIDS for my child, I would do whatever I could to change it. A dead baby isn't something I took lightly.

Mommabearbergh
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was home on maternity leave we bed shared
I put a blanket on her
When she finally went to belly sleeping I let her sleep that way
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)