Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How much sleep do you get?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM
  • 15 Replies

I'm just curious as to where other mothers are on sleep.  

How old is your youngest?  How much sleep do you get at night?  Is it all in one stretch? Do you stay at home? If so, do you nap with your kiddos (if they still nap)?  

If you're not getting much sleep, what do you do to cope with the exhaustion? Are you trying anything to get more sleep at night? 

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM
My youngest is 16 months . He wakes once a night to nurse. We co- sleep so we get plenty of sleep.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM

My youngest is 2 and I get about 8 hours of sleep at night. 

anxiousschk
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I don't understand how people co-sleep easily. 

I'm never comfortable nursing in bed.  I do it, especially when DH is out of town, but I never wake from those nights feeling well rested.  Usually I feel sore and stiff.  

Sure, I *may* get more sleep than if she was in her crib, but I never feel like it's an easy, restful sleep.  

Quoting Mom2Just1: My youngest is 16 months . He wakes once a night to nurse. We co- sleep so we get plenty of sleep.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM
My youngest is 8 months and I get about 6 hours of sleep at night. Yes I'm a SAHM. I will grab a nap on the weekends sometimes but during the week napping is not possible because my 3 & 5 year old each quit napping when they were 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM

My youngest is 13 1/2 months old.  She usually goes to sleep around 9-10pm, I go to sleep around 11pm.  I wake up at 8am, and she normally gets up around 9am. She normally wakes up once, but occasionally twice to nurse.  

I do stay home but I do not nap during the day as I have all my kids home with me, and only the baby naps.  I get plenty of sleep though. 

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:50 AM

When I start bed-sharing I feel a little sore and stiff, because I'm not used to staying in that position for that long, but after about a week, it's more comfortable that way than without my baby in my arms.

Quoting anxiousschk:

I'm never comfortable nursing in bed.  I do it, especially when DH is out of town, but I never wake from those nights feeling well rested.  Usually I feel sore and stiff.  

Sure, I *may* get more sleep than if she was in her crib, but I never feel like it's an easy, restful sleep.  

Quoting Mom2Just1: My youngest is 16 months . He wakes once a night to nurse. We co- sleep so we get plenty of sleep.

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I move to get comfortable.

Quoting anxiousschk:

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:36 PM
My youngest is 3 month 3 weeks old. I sleep 3 hour in a stretch getting up 3-4 times to change/latch my son but cosleeping helps. I do stay home but no I don't nap. I'm exhausted but I just work through it. I'm just waiting until he sleeps more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2thebestkid
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM

My youngest are my twin girls and they are 11mths

Usually 6hrs uninterrupted.

I work full-time

COFFEE!!!!!!!

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:41 PM
10 months

Several hours...I honestly have no idea since baby sleeps with me most of the night so I don't really wake up generally.

SAHM

No naps. I have four young children so napping while baby naps isn't possible!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN