Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

advice on swaddling.

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:40 AM
  • 19 Replies

My baby girl just learned how to roll from back to belly. I need to quit swaddling her now but i cannot get her too sleep not swaddled. She scratches her face and wakes herself up. any advice on how i can do it? im going to try the one arm out swaddle.

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:48 AM
She needs to just adjust to a new routine. Make sure her nails are cut. It may take a while.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Each day you swaddle her to sleep, wrap her a little bit less tight.
hailey-brendan
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:11 PM

i have her in a zip up swaddle right now so i may have to go buy new swaddles to do that. i know you are not suppose to have a blanket in the bed with them but i was wondering if i swaddled her in  thin blanket that she could easily break out of if that would help.

Quoting Junebaby18: Each day you swaddle her to sleep, wrap her a little bit less tight.

hailey-brendan
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I'm terrible at cutting nails. Her nails are short but very sharp.

Quoting wonderwomanT08: She needs to just adjust to a new routine. Make sure her nails are cut. It may take a while.

wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Try cutting them after her bath when they are soft and use an emery board to soften the edges.

Quoting hailey-brendan:

Quoting wonderwomanT08: She needs to just adjust to a new routine. Make sure her nails are cut. It may take a while.

hailey-brendan
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I will try that. thank you!

Quoting wonderwomanT08: Try cutting them after her bath when they are soft and use an emery board to soften the edges.
Quoting hailey-brendan:

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:07 PM

this, though I always heard of people swaddling until the baby no longer wants it.

Quoting Junebaby18: Each day you swaddle her to sleep, wrap her a little bit less tight.

toddler girlbaby boypuppy

Katie Belle- 7.2.11 & Will - 12.27.13

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Maybe just wrap her body and put mittens on her hands?

hailey-brendan
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I ended up just wrapping her without her arms and worked our way out of the swaddle. She is now sleeping on her own in her crib without a swaddle for about a month now. I now know when I have another baby I'm going to do my best not to swaddle from the start.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Oh wow. I just realized that this is an old post! Haha. Glad it's all worked out:)

Quoting hailey-brendan: I ended up just wrapping her without her arms and worked our way out of the swaddle. She is now sleeping on her own in her crib without a swaddle for about a month now. I now know when I have another baby I'm going to do my best not to swaddle from the start.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN