Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some of the baby names you thought about using but didn't?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some of the baby names you thought about using but didn't?

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
ajdoma
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:53 AM

I was going to name my second son Allan Spencer, for my dad, and another person I thought very highly of.  Fortunately, it dawned on me that, since our last name starts with S, my son's initials would be A.S.S.  So, I changed the middle S to a K!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM

I loved Kalliope Alice but Dh refused. I really wanted my Kallie to go with my daughter Katie.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Atticus was my favorite boy name of all time. DH refuses to allow it, but I adore it.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Our last baby, if he was a girl, would have been Cecelia (Cece) Snow. We're no longer going to use it though.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I would love to use Juliet Lucy, but it's looking less and less likely that we will. I have always loved both names.

KristinD1988
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I had two names in mind, Rory and Cadence. My boyfriend asked me what I thought of the name Cadence before I even told him I had been considering it, so I knew it was meant to be!

KristinD1988
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM

My cousins name is Kalliope, are you Greek as well? Or just like the name?

Quoting Turtledoves:

I loved Kalliope Alice but Dh refused. I really wanted my Kallie to go with my daughter Katie.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Oh, we were going to use Charlotte as well, but we couldn't agree on any nicknames we both liked for it so it got nixed.

lilmoosesmom
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Katie Scarlett instead of Scarlett. My husband said that was a no go because one Catie in the family was enough.

Jolene. But I didn't want to reuse the name. I had a miscarriage and that was the name for the baby if it was a girl.

Belle ( as in Beauty and the Beast. Not twilight! Give ya three guesses why that one wasn't used)

Brandon.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:23 PM

That is SUCH a pretty name!!

Quoting mommyhonu:

I love Alohilani. I was never able to use it because I never had a baby girl.

toddler girlbaby boypuppy

Katie Belle- 7.2.11 & Will - 12.27.13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN