Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what is with my 14 month old???

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM
  • 33 Replies
For the last few months my son has been a great schedule. Wind down at 8, sleep at 9, up at 8, and usually a nap between 1-3. We haven't had any issues until this past weekend. He went to his dads for the weekend and his dad said he woke up at 5. He wakes up once a night still so i figured he probably just didn't try to get him back down hard enough. But no, all week he has been getting up before 7, napping at 10 am because he's so tired. Last night he woke up 5 times. Is this normal? I was thinking maybe a growth spurt or something? He was doing so great before and I was finally getting some sleep. This last week has been exhausting! Should I try anything differently or is this something he'll ride out?
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I would imagine growth or teething.

rfhsure
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I was thinking that too. But I figured I shouldnl ask more experienced moms in case there's something important I may be missing.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I would imagine growth or teething.

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Most likely growth spurt or even night mares. Could also be his schedule getting thrown off by going to his dad's.
rfhsure
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Well, I don't think its his dads, because we've been doing that for months and its been perfect. I think it is a growth spurt.

Quoting expectantmom81: Most likely growth spurt or even night mares. Could also be his schedule getting thrown off by going to his dad's.
expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Oh OK Just a thought. Must be grown spurt then or maybe even teething too. Could be molars. Maybe try some Tylenol at bed time?

Quoting rfhsure: Well, I don't think its his dads, because we've been doing that for months and its been perfect. I think it is a growth spurt.

Quoting expectantmom81: Most likely growth spurt or even night mares. Could also be his schedule getting thrown off by going to his dad's.
rfhsure
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Molars? Really? I didn't they came in until all the other teeth came in. He has 8 teeth in the front so far. I don't know if I want to give him Tylenol.because I prefer to avoid any medications unless they're absolutely needed. Maybe if I ride it out a couple more weeks till balance back out?

Quoting expectantmom81: Oh OK Just a thought. Must be grown spurt then or maybe even teething too. Could be molars. Maybe try some Tylenol at bed time?

Quoting rfhsure: Well, I don't think its his dads, because we've been doing that for months and its been perfect. I think it is a growth spurt.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on May. 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM
4 moms liked this
The only consistent thing about babies is inconsistency lol.
Rindsey766
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My 15 month old is getting all 4 molars in at a time.  I only give her tylenol when it is abousletly necessary. She did the excat same thing was on a great schedule and then started waking up a lot in the middle of the night. Before tylenol I will give her ice or popiscles and it seems to dull the pain for a little bit. 

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
They get 1 year and 2 year molars and can come in anytime. Maybe try some Popsicles or something then and see if the cold helps.

Quoting rfhsure: Molars? Really? I didn't they came in until all the other teeth came in. He has 8 teeth in the front so far. I don't know if I want to give him Tylenol.because I prefer to avoid any medications unless they're absolutely needed. Maybe if I ride it out a couple more weeks till balance back out?

Quoting expectantmom81: Oh OK Just a thought. Must be grown spurt then or maybe even teething too. Could be molars. Maybe try some Tylenol at bed time?

rfhsure
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 1:31 PM
:) ain't that the truth! I just worry all the time I'm missing something or doing something wrong lol

Quoting cabrandy03: The only consistent thing about babies is inconsistency lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)