Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Have you ever switched from disposable diapers to cloth diapers?

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you ever switched from disposable diapers to cloth diapers? If so, for how long? If you opted to switch back, what was the main reason? If you stuck with cloth, what was the main reason?​ Your answers could be included in an upcoming post on The Stir.

by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HKing01
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I used disposables for my first 3 babies. I started experimenting with cloth when my 3rd baby was almost ready to potty train. I used disposables for a few weeks with my 4th baby while I recovered from my c-section and we have been using cloth now for about 7 weeks. I plan to stick to cloth, it is saving us money and they are just too cute.

olivejuice2
by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM
We started out with a cloth diaper service for the first few months and loved it. Then I tried cloth I my own and just couldn't make it work. We used fuzzibunz one size that I bought used and had constant leaks no matter how I washed or sized them. We went to disposable for a few months and I sold the cloth. I eventually bought grovia cloth diapers, which work much better! But dh doesn't like cloth anymore so we use a combo of disposable and cloth.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I used disposables for my first child and it was awful, constant leaks, constant rashes, she was actually allergic to, and broke out in full body hives, from a couple brands.
with my youngest two I used as natural of a disposable as I could for the first two weeks and then switched to cloth diapers and never looked back.  No poopsplosion messes, no rashes, and no chemicals on my baby's skin!

Dragonmamas
by Ari on May. 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I didn't do research on cloth until about six months ago and I didn't want to start so late, because they are expensive and I would like to purchase them over a period of time. Maybe for the next babe:) Bump.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM
I switched with my third son. It was the best thing I ever did. It's healthier for baby, it's cheaper, it's good for the environment, and it's easy.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Have you ever switched from disposable diapers to cloth diapers? If so, for how long? If you opted to switch back, what was the main reason? If you stuck with cloth, what was the main reason?​ Your answers could be included in an upcoming post on The Stir.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I only used disposable
Katie3621
by on May. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM
I use cloth at home (SAHM) and disposables when we're out. It's easier for us that way, and it's saved us a ton of money!!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 8, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I have used both. Cloth is wonderful!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM

No. I've considered it multiple times, but decided that it was just too much to take on. I'm always behind on laundry as it is, and I'm pregnant each year. It's just easier to stick with disposables for this stage.

abra
by Abra on May. 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM
After my first baby was 3 months old (past the newborn poo stage), I switched to cloth diapers to cut down on costs of disposables. I ended up switching back to disposables when I had my second baby because I found that cloth diapers weren't as absorbent, didn't contain the mess as well, and were also creating the ideal environment for yeast infections.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN