Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

He is killing me!

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:40 PM
  • 37 Replies

My 2 year old dramatically reduced his nap time! He used to nap for 2-3 hours every afternoon, now he maybe sleeps for 30 minutes. He really needs to sleep more because he is so grouchy by dinner time. AH! How long does your LO nap and how old are they?

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:44 PM

My son napped thru Kindergarten (6 1/2yrs old) for about 90 mins each day.  My dd napped until earlier this school year (4+ yrs old) when we just cut it.  With their staggered school schedules, she was only getting about 45mins between her coming home and having to leave to grab my 1st grader so we decided to just put her to bed between 6 and 7 instead. Before we cut her nap, she was doing 2-3 hours on the weekends.

Are you putting him to bed earlier now?

abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Most of my kids quit napping after they turned 3, but no such luck with Liam. His night schedule is still the same: to bed at 7:00 and up around 7 or 8 am.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

My son napped thru Kindergarten (6 1/2yrs old) for about 90 mins each day.  My dd napped until earlier this school year (4+ yrs old) when we just cut it.  With their staggered school schedules, she was only getting about 45mins between her coming home and having to leave to grab my 1st grader so we decided to just put her to bed between 6 and 7 instead. Before we cut her nap, she was doing 2-3 hours on the weekends.

Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:49 PM

maybe move his bedtime up 30-60mins and see if it helps his mood in the evening.

i forgot to add that my daughter also does about 60-90mins of quiet time in the afternoon in her room.  could you try that with him?

Quoting abra: Most of my kids quit napping after they turned 3, but no such luck with Liam. His night schedule is still the same: to bed at 7:00 and up around 7 or 8 am.
Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2014 at 3:53 PM
I would, but DH doesn't get home from work until 6 and then we all eat dinner together. I am requiring him to have quiet time. His room is fully baby proofed so I have him play in there for awhile.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

maybe move his bedtime up 30-60mins and see if it helps his mood in the evening.

i forgot to add that my daughter also does about 60-90mins of quiet time in the afternoon in her room.  could you try that with him?

Quoting abra: Most of my kids quit napping after they turned 3, but no such luck with Liam. His night schedule is still the same: to bed at 7:00 and up around 7 or 8 am.
Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM

My youngest is the only one that naps every day..  She's 14 months old and naps once a day, around 1-2pm usually, for about 2-3 hours.  Most of my kids didn't nap past 2, only my 4th did, and she took one nap a day, every day, until almost 4.  Now she's 4 1/2 and naps like 2-3 times a week, for about 30-60 min.

abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Aww, Yeah, my kids don't nap past the age of 3.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

My youngest is the only one that naps every day..  She's 14 months old and naps once a day, around 1-2pm usually, for about 2-3 hours.  Most of my kids didn't nap past 2, only my 4th did, and she took one nap a day, every day, until almost 4.  Now she's 4 1/2 and naps like 2-3 times a week, for about 30-60 min.

christina122952
by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:58 PM
My daughter has days like those
abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM
I don't think I'd mind him not sleeping if he didn't get so grouchy in the evening. :-)

Quoting christina122952: My daughter has days like those
christina122952
by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:00 PM
OK my daughter is cutting a tooth

Quoting abra: I don't think I'd mind him not sleeping if he didn't get so grouchy in the evening. :-)

abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Yes! that is rough. Liam was teething late last month, but i popped through. I suppose he might still be teething and I can't see it yet.

Quoting christina122952: OK my daughter is cutting a tooth

Quoting abra: I don't think I'd mind him not sleeping if he didn't get so grouchy in the evening. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)