Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is my 17 mos old too tiny......

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:39 AM
  • 38 Replies

I need to hear that im being a weirdo . I see super chubby babies all the time and my 17 mos old im told is healthy at checkups he weighs 23 lbs and on the growth chart is smack in the middle considering his height too, but hes not near chubby am i doing something wrong these chubby babies in my family seem so healthy and everybody in my family mainly mothers with chubby babies keep saying hes soooo skinny idk am i just letting other peoples opinions sway my thoughts or should i try and put some pounds on him.......

by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I never had chunky babies past six or seven moths old. One they became mobile they slimmed right down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is exactly the same.

Quoting polkaspots: I never had chunky babies past six or seven moths old. One they became mobile they slimmed right down.
jennj76569
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this

yea my kid is def quick on his feet... .. cool

Quoting polkaspots: I never had chunky babies past six or seven moths old. One they became mobile they slimmed right down.

Beautifulmom513
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 17 months and 18lbs. So I gonna say no. Both her and my son are on the small side. Neither were/are chunky babies.
squeakers2
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
My 18 month old is 24lbs. My daughter was about the same at that age. We could not get her over 30lbs until right before her 4th birthday when she all of a sudden gained 5lbs. She's 4.5 and is still sitting at 34lbs. All the little ones in my family are huge compared to my two. One cousin's baby is a month older than my son and is the size of my 4yr old. I just make short skinny babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lcherniske
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My 6 yr old just hit 39 pounds fully clothed . He was. 30 at. 3 and 31 at 4 lol. My 2 1/2. ( almost ) is now 25 pounds. Mine are chunky until the start crawling. With my .1st I worried a lot , I don't even stress with the younger one .

Quoting squeakers2: My 18 month old is 24lbs. My daughter was about the same at that age. We could not get her over 30lbs until right before her 4th birthday when she all of a sudden gained 5lbs. She's 4.5 and is still sitting at 34lbs. All the little ones in my family are huge compared to my two. One cousin's baby is a month older than my son and is the size of my 4yr old. I just make short skinny babies.
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 5:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never had any chunky kids, mine are all slim and were from birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this

My 20 month old is 23 lbs 33 inches long. She's always been skinny & long. She has absolutly no baby chup, rolls, or celulite. lol. I think it depends on genes & what you feed your baby. My dd was ebf until 9 months then started solids but is still breastfeeding to this day.

niki_hubbard
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
My 17 mo is 23 lbs, and is in the 70th percentile.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

My 17 month old is 19lbs. Fat babies are not healthy babies. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)