Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: How much formula are you feeding your 7 month old...

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

How much formula are you feeding your 7 month old?? Ours has 6 oz bottles throughout the day (usually around 7am, 11:30am, and 4pm) and then his bedtime bottle at 8pm which is 7oz with some rice cereal. He also eats breakfast, lunch and dinner about an hour after each bottle.

by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina122952
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM
My daughter is 8 months and she eats 8 ounces and sometimes 6 ounces.
amybrg86
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Quoting christina122952: My daughter is 8 months and she eats 8 ounces and sometimes 6 ounces.

how many bottles throughout the day? does she still take a bottle during the middle of the night as well?

christina122952
by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Maybe 3 or 4 plus she eats Gerber baby food. I feed a bottle before she goes to bed. She sleeps through the night and plus she has a tooth coming in.

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting christina122952: My daughter is 8 months and she eats 8 ounces and sometimes 6 ounces.

how many bottles throughout the day? does she still take a bottle during the middle of the night as well?

amybrg86
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Quoting christina122952: Maybe 3 or 4 plus she eats Gerber baby food. I feed a bottle before she goes to bed. She sleeps through the night and plus she has a tooth coming in.
Quoting amybrg86:

awesome. ours sleeps through the night as well---so thankful!!! and he's got his 2nd tooth coming in! they're so cute!

christina122952
by on May. 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Mobile Photo

My daughters getting her two bottom teeth in.

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting christina122952: Maybe 3 or 4 plus she eats Gerber baby food. I feed a bottle before she goes to bed. She sleeps through the night and plus she has a tooth coming in.

Quoting amybrg86:

awesome. ours sleeps through the night as well---so thankful!!! and he's got his 2nd tooth coming in! they're so cute!

angela.bouchard
by Angela on May. 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

My son ate 4 oz bottles about every 3 hours until he was 12 months old. He would wake at least once a night to eat and slept from between 8pm-8am. We did 6 oz bottles before bed time when between 9-12 months.

amybrg86
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Quoting christina122952:

Mobile Photo

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting amybrg86:

Cute!! :)

amybrg86
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Quoting GertieMay: Wow way to be supportive. You just come off sounding like a total B. I have 3 boys and I breast fed my oldest for 4.5 months until I went back to work and my supply dropped. I was doing everything right but I just couldn't keep up. Also I have 1.5 year old twins who were on formula from 3 weeks old because after my breast reduction I couldn't produce enough to feed two very hungry babies. But that being said everyone is different and some just can't breast feed as well as others. Formula isn't poison. It works just as well. My 2 sisters and I were all formula fed and we are just fine. But to answer the OP question. My boys were getting at least 4-5 8oz bottles of formula a day along with food.
Quoting minniesmom120:

What does it matter how much formula you are feeding her? you're already poisoning her with nasty disgusting crap called formula so who gives a crap how much

thanks!! Wow..i feel like my son eats/drinks so little!! In 24 hours he has 25 ounces of formula (he doesn't wake during the night, so this is from 7am-8pm). At his 6 month check-up his pediatrician said he only needs to be getting between 18-24 ounces at this age!!---at least it's good up until his 9 month check-up then i'm sure the amount will prob go up..??  So I'm always so confused about how much to be feeding him because his pediatrician told us that amount; and then i research about it/ask questions and it's like everything I read says kids this age are getting along the lines of what you feed your little one. He always seems satisfied (but who knows, maybe he'd be even happier with a bit more food??), but I'm still always wondering if he's getting enough!! I wish pediatrician appointments were every month because his pediatrician is gonna hate me when I come in for his appointment in a couple months with 3 months worth of questions!!! lol

GertieMay
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Lol. Yeah my boys were sleeping through the night too. (They stopped that at 10 months old ugh!). They are every 3-4 hours. They would go 4 hours between bottles if they ate some food. Good luck and don't feel silly asking the doctor questions. That's what they're there for. :).

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting GertieMay: Wow way to be supportive. You just come off sounding like a total B. I have 3 boys and I breast fed my oldest for 4.5 months until I went back to work and my supply dropped. I was doing everything right but I just couldn't keep up. Also I have 1.5 year old twins who were on formula from 3 weeks old because after my breast reduction I couldn't produce enough to feed two very hungry babies. But that being said everyone is different and some just can't breast feed as well as others. Formula isn't poison. It works just as well. My 2 sisters and I were all formula fed and we are just fine. But to answer the OP question. My boys were getting at least 4-5 8oz bottles of formula a day along with food.

Quoting minniesmom120:

What does it matter how much formula you are feeding her? you're already poisoning her with nasty disgusting crap called formula so who gives a crap how much

thanks!! Wow..i feel like my son eats/drinks so little!! In 24 hours he has 25 ounces of formula (he doesn't wake during the night, so this is from 7am-8pm). At his 6 month check-up his pediatrician said he only needs to be getting between 18-24 ounces at this age!!---at least it's good up until his 9 month check-up then i'm sure the amount will prob go up..??  So I'm always so confused about how much to be feeding him because his pediatrician told us that amount; and then i research about it/ask questions and it's like everything I read says kids this age are getting along the lines of what you feed your little one. He always seems satisfied (but who knows, maybe he'd be even happier with a bit more food??), but I'm still always wondering if he's getting enough!! I wish pediatrician appointments were every month because his pediatrician is gonna hate me when I come in for his appointment in a couple months with 3 months worth of questions!!! lol

christina122952
by on May. 13, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Thanks

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting christina122952:

Mobile Photo

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting amybrg86:

Cute!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)