Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Skinned knee

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi my 15 month old fell last week on the sidewalk and skinned her knee and it was healing fine but everytime she falls down on her knee or bumps it it starts bleeding but very little blood and then just when it starts scabbing over she fell on it again just a light fall in the house and it starts bleeding a lot dripping down her leg I put a bandaid over it but it won't heal and I don't know what the best way is to protect it so it doesn't bleed when she falls or bumps it and tips? I thought about wrapping an ace bandage around her leg but I'm not sure if it will work 

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM

So everytime she falls her cut starts to bleed again? 

Bs13
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Almost everytime she falls 

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Coconut oil. What happens is that the scab is dry and keeps pulling away from the skin.underneath. a big knee-sized bandaid and an Ace bandage over it should help. Are you putting anything like neosporin on it?
Bs13
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Yes ive been putting neosporin on it and it helps. It's been a week and everytime it looks almost all the way healed she falls on it and it bleeds is there anything other than coconut oil I could use maybe Vaseline?

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties that Vaseline does not. You can get the plain kind from the cooking oil section.
christina122952
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Talk to the Dr.
austinsmama1106
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM
My daughter is the same way. As long as you keep it clean it will be okay. No worries, my daughters knees have been skinned for the last 2 weeks.
ditsyjo
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:40 PM
My four year old had one like that on his hand a couple of months ago. We just tried to keep it clean and covered and it did heal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)