Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is it tacky to ask for gift cards?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

I got an invitation to a Sprinkle and it said that there was no registry but gift cards would be appreciated. I usually do gift cards for sprinkles anyway, but I thought the wording was tacky. What do you think?

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Yes!
christina122952
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Yes
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:38 PM

In that case yes,  Because from my understanding the whole point of a sprinkle is just to have people come and celebrate baby and not have to worry about bringing a gift.

Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Idk, I always bring a gift regardless of type of event so I like knowing what people need/want. I guess it would depend on who the guest of honor was but if its a sprinkle and I'm invited, we must be fairly close. I don't think that would really bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmeow
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Yes, it is very tacky.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Yes, asking for specific gifts is extremely tacky. People who want to know specifically what you'd like will ask where you're registered and then you'd have an opportunity to tell them your preferences.
I also think "sprinkles" are tacky LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Yes
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly don't see the issue with it. The mother can get whatever it is she needs for the babe. I had a sprinkle for my last son and when asked what I wanted/needed I said diapers, wipes and clothing. I did get a couple of gift cards though and they came in handy for some of the bigger items I still needed:)

Faett
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:25 AM
I don't think so. It stops anyone who is coming from buying something they don't need or want and gift cards can be used for any baby related expense they may need.
VinVanMom
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Tacky...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)