Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

help baby wont sleep !

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:28 AM
  • 18 Replies

So my 6 month old daughter will not fall asleep in her crib. She has to fall asleep on someone usually with a bottle. But most of the time as soom as she hits the crib shes wide awake. And when she wakes up at night she cant sooth herself back to sleep.i tryed letting her cry it out but shes a baby that will hold her breath and puke. Anyone have anything i could try? Thanks.
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:53 AM

She needs you to sleep and that's okay, because she's a baby! Love on her all you can while you can, she'll grow out of it:)

Sophias_mommy19
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Its just really difficult the nights she wakes up every hour for a tap on the bum. I mean i dont mind putting her to sleep. Its just when shes half asleep and doesnt need anything. You know what i mean ?
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:52 AM

But she does need something.  She needs to know that her Mommy is there.

That IS a need. 

Quoting Sophias_mommy19: Its just really difficult the nights she wakes up every hour for a tap on the bum. I mean i dont mind putting her to sleep. Its just when shes half asleep and doesnt need anything. You know what i mean ?

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM
If she didn't need something, she wouldn't be crying.

Quoting Sophias_mommy19: Its just really difficult the nights she wakes up every hour for a tap on the bum. I mean i dont mind putting her to sleep. Its just when shes half asleep and doesnt need anything. You know what i mean ?
JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM

She does need something, though. Needing to know mommy is there is actually a very big need, especially around that age. That's typically when a lot of babies go through the separation anxiety phase. So reassurance that you're there is going to be very important to her! 

Perstephane92
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I went through the same thing (and still am to a degree) with my 6 month old. I found that having a box fan in her room for the noise helps, as does playing "Athair Ar Neamh" by Enya when she's going to sleep (seriously, I swear that song is magic). She only wakes up now for the most part when she's actually hungry (she had health issues and is on the smaller side).

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM
She needs comfort and that is a valid need especially for a baby.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Hold her and give her comfort.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I agree with the others, she needs comfort. This is why I keep the crib in my room the first year (I know it's not for everyone) but it makes my children sleep great when they can wake up and see me.

Lyssa03
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I read a very informative blog... Is she falling asleep on you then being put into the crib?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)