Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Breast milk..not dried up yet.

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM
  • 32 Replies

It's been 3 months since I last breast fed my daughter (who is now 4 months) but I have not seen my breast milk dry up.  Has this happended to anyone else?  I was thinking about talking to my doctor to get something to dry them up.  Thoughts? 

**(Please if you're going to make sarcastic comments or say rude things don't respond to my post. Smh!eye rolling, I'm just here making conversation.)

by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Onulha
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It can take a couple years to completely dry up. Contrary to popular myth, it isn't that easy to lose your milk :)

Birth control containing estrogen should dry you up in about 3 days. Sage tea and cabbage leaves might do the trick too.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I agree! It can take a couple of years. I stopped breast feeding when my daughter was 4 months and that was around a year ago. I still have milk. I asked my doctor about it a couple of months ago and she said it was normal. She said that it took her about three years to dry up. She also suggest the cabbage leaves like the previous poster. I haven't done anything about it though. It's not like I am leaking.

Bellarose0212
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM

This isn't sarcastic and it isn't meant to be rude, but if you want to you could nurse her again. If she had some sort of issue with latch or something else like that, you may be able to get better support and have another go. 

You can also get a breast milk pump on some insurance plans.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM
You could nurse her again, and most insurance plans provide a breast pump free of charge.

If that isn't an option, then you just have to suffer, unfortunately, and no, that isn't sarcastic, just the truth. Some women dry up while still trying to breastfeed, and some never do. One of my coworkers is still lactating, and her youngest is 7. She just never dried up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Some women produce for years. It's completely normal.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM
I haven't nursed DS in over a year and a half and I still have milk. It can go on for years.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM
It can take years.
Zazayam
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:09 PM

If you're wanting to dry up, get some fresh cabbage and stick it in the fridge til cool then stuff the leaves in your bra. I can't give you any reason to believe me but it does work...

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:43 PM

My youngest is 3.5yrs old he hasn't bf since he was 18mts and I still have milk. 

Zazayam
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Try this LINK, lots of helpful stuff here :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN