Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

moms who are or have breastfed

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:15 AM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter is 4 months old now and she has started not eating as much at the boob, and sometimes getting super fussy and refusing to eat. it seem she is starting to prefer the bottle... anyone else go through this so early? I have been back at work for 5 weeks or so now so she gets bottles a lot through the day. She has no issues BF in the middle of the night or mornings.

angel miniMrs Gonzales devil mini

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Does whoever watches her use paced feedings? How big are her bottles? Bottles should be small,no more than 3 ounces, always with the slowest flow nipple, baby should be fed upright, and burped after every ounce.
jayangel82
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:05 AM
Yup we do all that: (

Quoting jjchick75: Does whoever watches her use paced feedings? How big are her bottles? Bottles should be small,no more than 3 ounces, always with the slowest flow nipple, baby should be fed upright, and burped after every ounce.
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I think a lot of it just has to do with age.  At 4 mths they are more aware and interested in the activities going on around them.  I would just continue to offer the boob and just go with it as long as she is still breast feeding good in the nights and mornings. 

bopeeps_mom
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Do you pump at work? If so are you getting as much out as she eats from the bottle? Last question...is there a few hours between pumping and trying to nurse her?

jayangel82
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I was only pumping at work and at night after she went to bed so plenty of time between, im almost keeping up, we have to supplement a little during the week but when we do its 1/2 and 1/2 and maybe every other day for one bottle

Quoting bopeeps_mom:

Do you pump at work? If so are you getting as much out as she eats from the bottle? Last question...is there a few hours between pumping and trying to nurse her?

abra
by Abra on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

All my kids prefered a bottle to breastfeeding. I still tried from time to time to breastfeed, but eventually, I just switched over to pumping. 

307mama
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I only made 2-3 once bottles as used premie nipples so he had to work at the bottle like he does at the breast.
Stevensmomma
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I would nurse as much as you can a when you are with her and don't give her more than three ounces per bottle when using one 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Stevensmomma:

I would nurse as much as you can a when you are with her and don't give her more than three ounces per bottle when using one 

I agree (my second time agreeing with you today, lol)

jayangel82
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:46 AM

My doctor suggested against this.. but thanks:( She eats 3-4 ozs a bottle every 2-3 hours. she is on the lower scale of the weight chart so I cant cut it down anymore.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Stevensmomma:

I agree (my second time agreeing with you today, lol)

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)