Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

4 month old baby???

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 11 Replies
My son will be 4 months old on Friday. He was born 3 weeks early and was in the NICU for 8 days due to respiratory distress. So now I have a concern. I have notice that he has been sleeping a lot. He goes to bed at 8pm and sleeps through the night now if I didn't wake him up in the morning to eat he would probably sleep til noon. As soon as he is done eating if he does then he goes right back to sleep for 4 hours and I usually wake him up after 4 because again he would sleep all day. I have been noticing over the weekend that when he use to wake up his diapers would be so full like a balloon now he is only wet a little like if he went only 2 hours and it is a little darker. His hands and feet have been cold even if its got out and marbled look. I am waiting for the doctor to call but wanted some ideas or concerns
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Make sure you are feeling him plenty when he is awake. I have a condition called reyauds phenomena that makes my hands and feet get super cold even when it isn't really that cool. It is fairly harmless, I just have to be careful when it is actually freezing cold because I'll get hypothermia faster than most would. One of my sons inherited this from me and his hads and feet look like that often, too. As for the sleeping, he might just be going through a growth spurt. 

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Nursing or formula? Wearing him skin-to-skin will help stimulate him. What does his poop look like?
Stevensmomma
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be wearing him so he gets stimulated from you and also helps him bond with you. I would wake him every three hours during the day to eat it sounds like he's not eating enough 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Quoting Stevensmomma:

I would be wearing him so he gets stimulated from you and also helps him bond with you. I would wake him every three hours during the day to eat it sounds like he's not eating enough 

I agree

christina122952
by pinupqueen on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep him close to you, nurse or feed him formula. Put socks on him and wear him.keep us updated.
melissaaytes
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Has he had any fever?  No one on here has mentioned the diapers...how much is he eating?  It very well could be a bladder infection!  My dd went to the hospital bc of this and number of wet diapers is a concern!  I don't mean to freak you out but if he isn't screaming or fussy then its probably not taht!

abra
by Abra on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:23 PM
bump
Libra113
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Oh wow thank you for the advice. The doctor did say since all his labs and x rays came back normal that maybe it could be a genectic thing for whatever is going on. Going to some doctors today. I'm hoping that is the issue with his sleeping or he just takes after me lol when he was born his weight gain was great but now for the past two months it hasn't been so doctor is concerned of that as well.

Quoting abra:

Make sure you are feeling him plenty when he is awake. I have a condition called reyauds phenomena that makes my hands and feet get super cold even when it isn't really that cool. It is fairly harmless, I just have to be careful when it is actually freezing cold because I'll get hypothermia faster than most would. One of my sons inherited this from me and his hads and feet look like that often, too. As for the sleeping, he might just be going through a growth spurt. 

Libra113
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Formula. He is constipated so I give him prune juice once a day for him to go

Quoting MusherMaggie: Nursing or formula? Wearing him skin-to-skin will help stimulate him. What does his poop look like?
Libra113
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Even if i do wake him he won't take it sometimes only an ounce or so. I try to wake him and play with him as much as possible.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)