Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Gas what's best

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM
  • 12 Replies
What is the best formula for gassy babies? He was started on similac sensitive in the hospital, but he is still extremely gassy:( I have tried the gas drops and gripe water.
I am unable to breatfeed btw:(
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:34 PM
I would try re-lactating.
Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Ds had bad gas and the simalic discomfort (the purple one) helped so much
Lax5
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Is love too but I can't:(

Quoting MusherMaggie: I would try re-lactating.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Lax5: Is love too but I can't:(

If you have been given a reason, we may be able to help you. Lots of moms are given mistaken advice by medical professionals. Donor milk can be used also. Human Milk 4 Human Babies and EatsOnFeets are two really good sources. Paced bottlefeeding also helps with gas. Feedings are smaller but more frequent, baby is held sitting, bottle parallel to the floor, slowest flow nipple is used, baby burped after every ounce.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Lax5
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Thank you I will try pacing!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

If you have been given a reason, we may be able to help you. Lots of moms are given mistaken advice by medical professionals. Donor milk can be used also. Human Milk 4 Human Babies and EatsOnFeets are two really good sources. Paced bottlefeeding also helps with gas. Feedings are smaller but more frequent, baby is held sitting, bottle parallel to the floor, slowest flow nipple is used, baby burped after every ounce.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Can I ask why you can't nurse? How old is baby? Is pumping an option? Donor milk?

Sometimes it doesn't matter what formula you use. My second son got pumped breastmilk until 3 months (he has a condition that effects muscles and tendons including his jaw) and then we tried several formulas. He was completely miserable until he got whole milk at a year. We had tried soy, different brands, etc.

Quoting Lax5: What is the best formula for gassy babies? He was started on similac sensitive in the hospital, but he is still extremely gassy:( I have tried the gas drops and gripe water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Good luck <3

Quoting Lax5: Thank you I will try pacing!
Quoting MusherMaggie:

Lax5
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:40 PM
I BF my first 5, but had a reduction last year. Also ds is adopted he is 8 wks

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: Can I ask why you can't nurse? How old is baby? Is pumping an option? Donor milk?

Sometimes it doesn't matter what formula you use. My second son got pumped breastmilk until 3 months (he has a condition that effects muscles and tendons including his jaw) and then we tried several formulas. He was completely miserable until he got whole milk at a year. We had tried soy, different brands, etc.

Quoting Lax5: What is the best formula for gassy babies? He was started on similac sensitive in the hospital, but he is still extremely gassy:( I have tried the gas drops and gripe water.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Congratulations! Would you consider donor milk? There's several sites that have donors that have been tested and approved for donation. Most donors just charge shipping.

Quoting Lax5: I BF my first 5, but had a reduction last year. Also ds is adopted he is 8 wks

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: Can I ask why you can't nurse? How old is baby? Is pumping an option? Donor milk?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lax5
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Thank you. I'll have to look into that!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: Congratulations! Would you consider donor milk? There's several sites that have donors that have been tested and approved for donation. Most donors just charge shipping.

Quoting Lax5: I BF my first 5, but had a reduction last year. Also ds is adopted he is 8 wks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)