Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help!! I think my baby has separation anxiety :(

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my daughter is about to turn 11 months old and last week she has become very emotional whenever I leave the room or put her to bed. What can I do to help her and ease her anxiety? I hate seeing her so sad :(
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Does she have a special stuff animal.
kennas-mama13
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Yeah but she doesn't even want that :(
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Stay with her for a while. There's nothing wrong with comforting her, she's still a baby!
kennas-mama13
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 9:40 PM
I am :) it's just hard when I have stuff to do and have to leave her and she gets so sad :( it breaks me my heart

Quoting MusherMaggie: Stay with her for a while. There's nothing wrong with comforting her, she's still a baby!
abra
by Abra on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I would have someone you trust and she is familiar with, take turns holding her with you in eye shot. Gradually, as she gets used to not being glued to you, move further away. It is probably just a phase. :-) Hang in there!
kennas-mama13
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:30 PM
She's usually fine with other people but because I'm with her all the time it's hard to get anything done :(

Quoting abra: I would have someone you trust and she is familiar with, take turns holding her with you in eye shot. Gradually, as she gets used to not being glued to you, move further away. It is probably just a phase. :-) Hang in there!
abra
by Abra on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Yeah, the next thing I did was put them in a safe place (usually a pack n play in the same room or near the room I was in). I'd give them some age appropriate toys and soothe them verbally from a distance, but not indulge their desire to be held 24/7. It was hard at first, but better for everyone in the long run. My kids are a bit older now (ages 8, 5, 3 and 2), but they are all very secure, healthy and happy. They all also have learned how to entertain themselves apart from me which is healthy for them and keeps me from getting burnt out. :-)

Quoting kennas-mama13: She's usually fine with other people but because I'm with her all the time it's hard to get anything done :(

Quoting abra: I would have someone you trust and she is familiar with, take turns holding her with you in eye shot. Gradually, as she gets used to not being glued to you, move further away. It is probably just a phase. :-) Hang in there!
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Hold her and love her. This is normal. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

NYnewmom81214
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:40 PM

I saw something on here about giving her something that has your scent on it when she isn't right with you so that way she can still smell you. I don't know if that will work or not but I think its worth a try.

kennas-mama13
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM
:) thank you for your advice it's so hard not to run to her every time she starts screaming. I'm definitely not used to this she has always been pretty good at entertaining herself so this is new to me lol

Quoting abra: Yeah, the next thing I did was put them in a safe place (usually a pack n play in the same room or near the room I was in). I'd give them some age appropriate toys and soothe them verbally from a distance, but not indulge their desire to be held 24/7. It was hard at first, but better for everyone in the long run. My kids are a bit older now (ages 8, 5, 3 and 2), but they are all very secure, healthy and happy. They all also have learned how to entertain themselves apart from me which is healthy for them and keeps me from getting burnt out. :-)

Quoting kennas-mama13: She's usually fine with other people but because I'm with her all the time it's hard to get anything done :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN