Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Gender scan

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM
  • 15 Replies
My daughter already has a 16 mth old boy. She wanted a girl so bad this time & her scan came back a boy again.... She is taking this pretty hard. She vomited twice in the middle of the night last night, I know from nerves, what can we do to help her deal & be excited for the new baby???
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luke8212013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell her to be thankful she is bringing another beautiful, HEALTHY, baby into this world. 

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It'll come with time. Gender disappointment is a very real, psychological thing. 

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Tell her to be happy she has healthy children. Some people would love to be in her shoes.
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I struggled with this when I was pregnant with my dd3. I wanted her to be a boy so bad. I cried a lot when we found out she was a girl. She made 3 girls. She will get over it but it may take birthing that beautiful baby. I wouldn't change my three girls. If we have a 4th, we're talking about not finding out because I don't want to go through that again. I know I'll be happy with a healthy baby.
To be honest, people telling me to be happy with a healthy baby made me feel worse because I was already struggling and it's not something I really wanted to hear. So you can say it but don't expect her to be like "you're right everything is perfect now".
mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this
This. I had real gender disappointment with my first. I guarantee you she already feels guilty. No need to shame her more. Other peoples infertility or sick children do not invalidate her feelings.

Quoting JessiFaye:

It'll come with time. Gender disappointment is a very real, psychological thing. 

mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I had it with dd1. My own mother scarred me so badly I was terrified to have a girl and cried a lot when I found out and then cried more from guilt and shame of feeling that way. We also have 3 girls now, no boys yet.

Quoting wife-4-life: I struggled with this when I was pregnant with my dd3. I wanted her to be a boy so bad. I cried a lot when we found out she was a girl. She made 3 girls. She will get over it but it may take birthing that beautiful baby. I wouldn't change my three girls. If we have a 4th, we're talking about not finding out because I don't want to go through that again. I know I'll be happy with a healthy baby.
To be honest, people telling me to be happy with a healthy baby made me feel worse because I was already struggling and it's not something I really wanted to hear. So you can say it but don't expect her to be like "you're right everything is perfect now".
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. And it made it worse when people said "you're gonna try for a boy right!?" Because I have had 3 girls and I just say "I've tried...twice!" Lol
I too felt bad for feeling bad about wanting a boy and not a girl.

Quoting mrs.hartman12: I had it with dd1. My own mother scarred me so badly I was terrified to have a girl and cried a lot when I found out and then cried more from guilt and shame of feeling that way. We also have 3 girls now, no boys yet.

Quoting wife-4-life: I struggled with this when I was pregnant with my dd3. I wanted her to be a boy so bad. I cried a lot when we found out she was a girl. She made 3 girls. She will get over it but it may take birthing that beautiful baby. I wouldn't change my three girls. If we have a 4th, we're talking about not finding out because I don't want to go through that again. I know I'll be happy with a healthy baby.

Nburghgal
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I am hoping getting the nursery ready & such will bring her to her senses.... Nothing I can say will change this, so I'm not even going to try. Just hope to get her excited about the new one!!
abra
by Abra on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not sure you can do anything about that. My parents really wanted me to be a boy and they told me as much when I was growing up. I can't say it helped my relationship with them any. My husband reminds me that he is so thankful I am female even if my parents aren't happy about it. :-) 

Onulha
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Just give her time. She will love and adore that little boy as much as her first little man soon enough :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN