Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender scan

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM
  • 15 Replies
My daughter already has a 16 mth old boy. She wanted a girl so bad this time & her scan came back a boy again.... She is taking this pretty hard. She vomited twice in the middle of the night last night, I know from nerves, what can we do to help her deal & be excited for the new baby???
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell her to be thankful she is bringing another beautiful, HEALTHY, baby into this world. 

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It'll come with time. Gender disappointment is a very real, psychological thing. 

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Tell her to be happy she has healthy children. Some people would love to be in her shoes.
wife-4-life
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I struggled with this when I was pregnant with my dd3. I wanted her to be a boy so bad. I cried a lot when we found out she was a girl. She made 3 girls. She will get over it but it may take birthing that beautiful baby. I wouldn't change my three girls. If we have a 4th, we're talking about not finding out because I don't want to go through that again. I know I'll be happy with a healthy baby.
To be honest, people telling me to be happy with a healthy baby made me feel worse because I was already struggling and it's not something I really wanted to hear. So you can say it but don't expect her to be like "you're right everything is perfect now".
mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this
This. I had real gender disappointment with my first. I guarantee you she already feels guilty. No need to shame her more. Other peoples infertility or sick children do not invalidate her feelings.

Quoting JessiFaye:

It'll come with time. Gender disappointment is a very real, psychological thing. 

mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I had it with dd1. My own mother scarred me so badly I was terrified to have a girl and cried a lot when I found out and then cried more from guilt and shame of feeling that way. We also have 3 girls now, no boys yet.

Quoting wife-4-life: I struggled with this when I was pregnant with my dd3. I wanted her to be a boy so bad. I cried a lot when we found out she was a girl. She made 3 girls. She will get over it but it may take birthing that beautiful baby. I wouldn't change my three girls. If we have a 4th, we're talking about not finding out because I don't want to go through that again. I know I'll be happy with a healthy baby.
To be honest, people telling me to be happy with a healthy baby made me feel worse because I was already struggling and it's not something I really wanted to hear. So you can say it but don't expect her to be like "you're right everything is perfect now".
wife-4-life
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. And it made it worse when people said "you're gonna try for a boy right!?" Because I have had 3 girls and I just say "I've tried...twice!" Lol
I too felt bad for feeling bad about wanting a boy and not a girl.

Quoting mrs.hartman12: I had it with dd1. My own mother scarred me so badly I was terrified to have a girl and cried a lot when I found out and then cried more from guilt and shame of feeling that way. We also have 3 girls now, no boys yet.

Quoting wife-4-life: I struggled with this when I was pregnant with my dd3. I wanted her to be a boy so bad. I cried a lot when we found out she was a girl. She made 3 girls. She will get over it but it may take birthing that beautiful baby. I wouldn't change my three girls. If we have a 4th, we're talking about not finding out because I don't want to go through that again. I know I'll be happy with a healthy baby.

Nburghgal
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I am hoping getting the nursery ready & such will bring her to her senses.... Nothing I can say will change this, so I'm not even going to try. Just hope to get her excited about the new one!!
abra
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not sure you can do anything about that. My parents really wanted me to be a boy and they told me as much when I was growing up. I can't say it helped my relationship with them any. My husband reminds me that he is so thankful I am female even if my parents aren't happy about it. :-) 

Onulha
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Just give her time. She will love and adore that little boy as much as her first little man soon enough :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN