Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is it to soon?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
Dh and I have decided to have # 2. Our DD is 10 months old and will be having surgery to repair her cleft palate next month. I had my nexplanon implant taken out last week but we are having protected sex until she is completely healed from her surgery which will put her at a year and a month. Whe we told our families we were shocked by their reactions.They told us it was too soon after having DD. All of our families have children close together. Usually the first two. I have a sister who is 18 months younger than me and DH has a brother with the same age difference. Our children will be around two years apart if we dont have problems TTC like we did with DD. (It took a year to concieve her). It has made us a little nervous but we still want to go through with it. We have a house and DH has a very good and reliable job. I am a stay at home mom. So we are in the perfect position to male this decision. Its just difficult to go through this process with no support from our parents. I was wondering how many of you have children close together in age amd if it is a good decision or not? It wont change our minds we would just like some advice and an idea of what to expect.
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KREX0914
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM
My brothers are all sixteen months apart and they fight like... Well they fight like siblings. There really is no magic ago, though. Mine are five years apart and still get on each others nerves.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I'm about to have a 22 month Age gap and hate it. I'm tired, nursing the 18 month old still, and feel he is getting the short end.
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM

you will have transition issues regardless of spacing.  adding a new dynamic will always have challenges so there's never a "perfect" time to add a new baby.  just when you feel ready...

personally, i am not a "keep them close together" kind of person.  i enjoyed 2 years with my son before getting pg with my dd.  when she was a year, he started preschool and then she and i had our mornings together, just us 2.  we then waited 4 years for #3 and he's 7 weeks old now and we've had a lot of time together with the older 2 in school.  18 months is a brutal age for my kids so i would never want to be pg during that phase.  That's just me though.

2 years is a good space. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I think it's fine but mine are all close together, lol

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM
My first two are 16 months apart. My boys were 4 and just under 3 when my third was born. When my fourth was born they were 6, 5, and 2. My youngest is 5 months.

I love having my first two so close in age but it was not planned in fact none of them were. I like all the spacing really. My two year old has some issues being gentle with the baby but we're working on it. It takes a lot of reminding and patience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Mine have an average of 3.5yrs between each one, and they are all really close. That said, one of my BFFs has four kids: 11, 9, 4, and 2. The older two are super-close, and so are the younger two. So the two-year gap worked well for her.

Like a PP said, there is no magic gap to shoot for. Every family is different.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM

DS just turned 1 and we just found out #2 is on the way.  They will be 21 months apart. 

We haven't told anyone yet.  Family thinks we were waiting until he's 18 months to start trying...it took us 6 or so months with him and first try for this one.

christina122952
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM
My son from my previous marriage is 12 and my daughter from my 3 yr relationship with my boyfriend is 9 months old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN