Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Must have or Waste: Baby Swing

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM
  • 70 Replies

Do you think this item is a must have or waste?

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM

It was helpful with DD #1 but it was not a must. 

As for DS#2 he never liked it so it was a waste.

DS#3 loved his swing so it was a must have. 

DD#4 it was not a waste or must. She never spent a lot of time in it but didn't hate it.

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

It isn't really either for us. He likes it enough, but he's just as happy in a bouncy seat or his rock n play. 

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM

MUST HAVE!  We have one with a detachable rocker and DS slept in that for 2 months due to his reflux.  Then it was the only place we could get him to nap during the day.  Absolute must have.

mybumblebe
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM
I gotta say a must have for sure. I wouldn't choose that one specifications but definitely a swing. I wouldn't get a bouncer though. We had a swing upstairs a swing downstairs a pack and play a rock and play napper and then her crib lol. We used the pack and play and the swing the most for the first 2 months
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM
For me it was a must. The only way I got anything done around the house--cooking, cleaning, spending time with my other kids--was to put the baby in the swing. (No I did not stick the kid in a swing for hours on end!)
staci1103
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Must have

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM
My kids all 3 loved being in a swing. Any time they were fussy and I had stuff I really needed to get done, I could put them in the swing and they would stay quiet and happy.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Sounds like my babies! lol

Quoting JessiFaye:

It isn't really either for us. He likes it enough, but he's just as happy in a bouncy seat or his rock n play. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

MUST HAVE!  We have one with a detachable rocker and DS slept in that for 2 months due to his reflux.  Then it was the only place we could get him to nap during the day.  Absolute must have.

My third baby and second son had reflux. It's wear he napped as well. It was a life saver. It really helped him!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Quoting mybumblebe: I gotta say a must have for sure. I wouldn't choose that one specifications but definitely a swing. I wouldn't get a bouncer though. We had a swing upstairs a swing downstairs a pack and play a rock and play napper and then her crib lol. We used the pack and play and the swing the most for the first 2 months

I just posted it as an example but I guess we all know what a baby swing looks like, LOL!!! That's smart to have a swing upstairs and downstairs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN