Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby Girls and Nail Polish

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM
  • 22 Replies
I will be having a girl in just a few weeks and I was wondering about nail polish. When did you first paint your little girls toes? What is the safest polish to use? I have two boys right now so this girly stuff is new to me :)

Thanks for the help!!
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mynewlife2012
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM
I waited till 1 with my older DD 5. I have a feeling this baby will end up with polish early if DD has anything to do about it.

It also depends on if she sucks her thumb or fingers than I would only use piggy paint brand with is kid safe
HKing01
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I started painting my first daughters toenails around 6 months, I waited until after she was 2 and quit sucking her thumb before painting her fingernails. I have a 3 month old daughter now and in a few months I'll probably start painting her toenails too.

cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Piggy paint! It doesn't have all the nasty chemicals in it and doesn't stink.
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM
I have 3 girls. I didn't start painting my older two's toenails until 2yo because they wiggle a lot. I do not paint their fingernails still because they put their fingers in their mouths still.

Piggy paint is the safest I believe.
liss05
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Piggy Paint is what I use on DD nails/piggies and she was around 2yo.

Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I think I did her toes for the first time for her 2nd birthday.  I used some kids stuff that lasted all of about 1 day.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Check your local Walmart or Target for Piggy Paint! It will be in with the regular nail polish.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I started doing my daughter's at I think 4 months? It was around then, and when she got her first pair of cute little sandals lol.

EMackenzie711
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:40 PM
I painted my daughters toes at 3 months... I used the bon bon kind.. I never knew you could buy piggy paintin stores.. I wanna paint her nails but she qont hold still and she sometimes puts her fingers.in her mouth..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Keeping in mind the toxic chemicals in nail polish, I didn't put any on DD at all. She was in grade school, and we didn't do it more than a couple of times a year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)