Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How can I not get a crib bumper when this is what happens

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:03 AM
  • 27 Replies

Mobile Photo

They say crib bumpers are not safe/higher risk for SIDS etc but how can I not want to get one when this happens constantly. Lol she used to do this all the time as a newborn and cry because she couldn't get herself free. Now it's not a problem but it sure looks like a problem
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keda84
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Mesh bumper
mybumblebe
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Yes! Lol I tech have one hidden there
But I pushed it down because I couldn't see her on the monitor and it was bugging me out.

Quoting Keda84: Mesh bumper
christina122952
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:40 AM
My daughter does the same thing and she gets herself out of it. I can't use any bumpers
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:48 AM
I've always used bumpers.

My dd2 was a mover in her sleep so I didn't use it very long with her but she always got legs stuck. She'd get bruises on her knees from it get to stuck when she was like 15mons +.
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

This is why I bought mesh bumpers for my DD when she was a baby.  Her chubby thighs got stuck.  

lenashark
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Crib bumpers don't cause SIDS, they cause suffocation when the babies face gets pressed against them. They have breathable mesh crib bumpers that are safe, they will keep that from happening without suffocating your child.

mybumblebe
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:12 AM
That's more of what I meant when I said etc because I blanked on the word at the time

Quoting lenashark:

Crib bumpers don't cause SIDS, they cause suffocation when the babies face gets pressed against them. They have breathable mesh crib bumpers that are safe, they will keep that from happening without suffocating your child.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:50 AM
It's unlikely getting their legs and arms between the bars will actually cause permanent damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybumblebe
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Wait, are you saying that there is a possibility that it can though? That sounds scary. She hasn't done this in a while though I'm not really worried about it but she was knocked out like this lol

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: It's unlikely getting their legs and arms between the bars will actually cause permanent damage.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Anything is possible but it's HIGHLY unlikely. Potentially losing your child vs a bruise or something; obviously a bruise is better.
Quoting mybumblebe: Wait, are you saying that there is a possibility that it can though? That sounds scary. She hasn't done this in a while though I'm not really worried about it but she was knocked out like this lol

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: It's unlikely getting their legs and arms between the bars will actually cause permanent damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)