Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Toddler eczema relief! HELP

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:18 PM
  • 34 Replies

My son has been dealing with eczema from the time he was a few months old. he is now 18 months and there are still extremely bad patches. We have tried prescription creams, lotions, baby oil, and eczema body washes and nothing has helped these patches. Do any of you mamas have a natural remedy or any advice as to what i could use? its too the point where it itches so bad he will cry. Thank you all in advanced!<3

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of ladies in here use coconut oil so maybe give that a try.  

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd1 has chronic eczema and we use coconut oil. When she has flare ups we use a prescribed cream to prevent infection because she scratches so bad. But coconut oil is great. Olive oil works too.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Has he ever been tested for allergies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Also, I only bathe my girls 1-2xs a week (unless it is much needed). Soaps make their eczema worse. I don't use lotions only the coconut oil. I make my own laundry detergent because even the "free & clears" still irritated their skin.
And my dd1's is so bad she is going to be tested for allergies. She keeps getting secondary infections.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Try eliminating dairy and gluten from his diet.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:53 PM

My daughter was born with a couple of patches on her hands. Her's is more weather related. Have you tried coconut oil? I keep my daughter moisturized through out the day. I use the coconut oil in the morning and evening and use use a moisturizing lotion (Eucerin, Baby Aveeno Moisture or Eczema lotion) during the day. Either myself if I am home or my babysitter we just lotion her up 2-3 times during diaper changes. Have you switched to all fragrance free products? And do you wash all new clothing before baby wears it? I also only give her a bath every 2-3 days. Some of those things have helped my daughter with less flareups. I agree with a couple of the other posters, have you had him tested? There are a couple different types of eczema. Have you or your pediatrician determined which one your son has? That may also help in treating it.

matofour
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM
How often are you bathing him?
And using soap?
Use soap only when needed. And bath only when needed.
Soap makes is so much worse.
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My son has open raw places ever be scratches it. Coconut oil had healed it almost completely in just a few days. Much faster than the hydrocortisone creams.
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Oh and playing in a clorinated pool helps too for whatever reason.
Mamaof2boys1214
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:02 PM

he has not :/ i asked our doctor to referr us to a dermatologist and he said to try remedies first :(

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: Has he ever been tested for allergies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)