Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

my daughter won't...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM
  • 37 Replies
She won't play by herself. Sometimes she will but only for a short peroid of time. She constantly wants me. I know I'm her mommy and I'm always there for her that's not my problem. My problem is she won't leave my side for two seconds. I will sit her down with all get toys and once I'm out of her sight she freaks out and starts crawling to me. I can't go to the bathroom without her climbing up my leg or attempt to cook dinner without her following me to the kitchen. How do I break this habit or do I just need to embrace her always wanting me?
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:44 AM
How old is she??

A lot of babies go through a stage of separation anxiety. That's pretty normal.
Nikki.90
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:48 AM
She is 10 months. I'm at SAHM so I'm with her all day.

Quoting wife-4-life: How old is she??

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Yeah that's typical behavior, I believe. I am a SAHM and have a 4, 2-1/2, and a 16month old. My 16mon old is a little better but has always been glued to my hips or my feet.

Quoting Nikki.90: She is 10 months. I'm at SAHM so I'm with her all day.

Nikki.90
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Yeah it's like some days she is fine and will play with her toys, sometimes I have to get on the floor with her but lately it's like she's glued to my hip.

For example yesterday evening my boyfriend was playing with her while I ran to the store and was fine and playing, as soon as I walked in she started whining and wanted me to pick her up. He was like "she was fine when you were gone"

Quoting wife-4-life: Yeah that's typical behavior, I believe. I am a SAHM and have a 4, 2-1/2, and a 16month old. My 16mon old is a little better but has always been glued to my hips or my feet.

Quoting Nikki.90: She is 10 months. I'm at SAHM so I'm with her all day.

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:23 AM
It's normal at that age. It's just separation anxiety and is just a phase. Once she realizes that you aren't going to disappear forever she will play on her own :)
Nikki.90
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Thank you. I feel like that's what goes thru her mind when she can't see me, oh no she's never coming back, lol I'm always here for this sweet girl. I feel bad cause sometimes I get overwhelmed cause I can't even pee without her freaking out and I just want two seconds alone. I feel bad for feeling that way tho

Quoting YzmaRocks: It's normal at that age. It's just separation anxiety and is just a phase. Once she realizes that you aren't going to disappear forever she will play on her own :)
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:36 AM
It can be a challenging stage! But she isn't trying to be difficult, it helps me to keep that in mind when my own little ones go through this. She realized that the world is much bigger than a few rooms in a house and this can be unnerving to little folk. Don't feel badly about it though, it can be hard to pee with a child on your knee, lol. My baby recently went through this so I understand! He is 12 months and is back to his happy, independent self.

She may go through it again around 18 months. Some do, some don't.

Quoting Nikki.90: Thank you. I feel like that's what goes thru her mind when she can't see me, oh no she's never coming back, lol I'm always here for this sweet girl. I feel bad cause sometimes I get overwhelmed cause I can't even pee without her freaking out and I just want two seconds alone. I feel bad for feeling that way tho

Quoting YzmaRocks: It's normal at that age. It's just separation anxiety and is just a phase. Once she realizes that you aren't going to disappear forever she will play on her own :)
Nikki.90
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I have to remind myself that she's isn't doing it to upset me or be difficult. It's comforting knowing someone else knows this feeling. And yes trying pee with a baby on your knee is challenging lol

Quoting YzmaRocks: It can be a challenging stage! But she isn't trying to be difficult, it helps me to keep that in mind when my own little ones go through this. She realized that the world is much bigger than a few rooms in a house and this can be unnerving to little folk. Don't feel badly about it though, it can be hard to pee with a child on your knee, lol. My baby recently went through this so I understand! He is 12 months and is back to his happy, independent self.

She may go through it again around 18 months. Some do, some don't.

Quoting Nikki.90: Thank you. I feel like that's what goes thru her mind when she can't see me, oh no she's never coming back, lol I'm always here for this sweet girl. I feel bad cause sometimes I get overwhelmed cause I can't even pee without her freaking out and I just want two seconds alone. I feel bad for feeling that way tho

yuli1926
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM
It's ok you don't need to feel that way. We need some alone time every now and then that dosnt take away the fact the we are good mothers and love our kids. Mine is 8 months and is the same way I can't put her down cuz she always wants me to be carrying her. It gets stressful at times.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM
They all go through passes of that. My 3 year old is actually going through it again. I just try to remind myself that there will come a day that he no longer wants me lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN