Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Control

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 28 Replies
I'm currently breastfeeding my 4 month old and I tried the pills but I hate them. I plan to call my doctor on Monday to find another option. I really don't want an iud, because I do want another baby in a few years. I was curious what birth control everyone else is taking and if your breastfeeding??
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StreetsAhead
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Why would that stop you having an IUD? Just have it taken out (but then I guess it depends when you are planning

I'm breast feeding and so waiting to go back on my normal contraception.

Apart from the mini pill, the diaphragm I know you can use
mysticatgal
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not taking the pill after Dd comes because I'll never remember with 2 under 2 (I've brushed my teeth 4 or more times a day because I'll forget and that's just one kid so far). My Dr recommended considering nexplanon (implant) or certain iuds for breastfeeding. Both can be removed if you want to have a child earlier but you might want to check with insurance because I heard they can be expensive. Otherwise you might have to do condoms or diaphragms
WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I've already had two iuds and the second one I got taken out after only a year. I want to get pregnant again around 3 years from now.
I want the patch but not sure if I can while breastfeeding. I look up the diaphragm, thanks.

Quoting StreetsAhead: Why would that stop you having an IUD? Just have it taken out (but then I guess it depends when you are planning

I'm breast feeding and so waiting to go back on my normal contraception.

Apart from the mini pill, the diaphragm I know you can use
booaura
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM
You can have another baby with an IUD, just have it taken out when you are ready for your next child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenlove2013
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I use no protection. My fiancé pulls out
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Condoms for now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't take birth control.  We do NFP to both avoid and conceive babies.

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:01 PM
I've had the mirena 2x and it gave me migraines. The last one I had it taken out in a year. I was just hoping to find something else.

Quoting booaura: You can have another baby with an IUD, just have it taken out when you are ready for your next child.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:15 PM
3 moms liked this
We used NFP. The book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" was lots of help. Anything with estrogen will kill your supply, and some moms are sensitive to the mini-pill.(progesterone) as well. IUD's carry their own risks.
WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Thank you !! I'll check out that book.

Quoting MusherMaggie: We used NFP. The book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" was lots of help. Anything with estrogen will kill your supply, and some moms are sensitive to the mini-pill.(progesterone) as well. IUD's carry their own risks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)