Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Co-sleeping

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM
  • 30 Replies
Does anyone sleep with their infant in the family bed?? My 4 month old has been sleeping so horribly for the last 2 weeks for some reason and will not stay asleep wherever we put him. He fights sleep so bad at every nap and at night. I put him in bed with me when he started waking up for the 3rd time since we put him down. He fell right asleep. I want him to get sleep so bad but am afraid to have him in bed all night.
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I co-slept with one of my 4 babies, but didn't have a good experience with it. Best of luck to you, though!

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:20 PM
We co sleep and love it!
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I do, but not at bedtime. He goes in his bed then and comes in when he wakes for milk after I go to bed. If he wakes up while I'm still awake I nurse him and put him back in his bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Yes, I wouldn't have it any other way. Well my youngest is a toddler now, but she's been in my bed since birth.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I bed share with my 11 month old. He's the first of my 3 to share our bed. I love it. It's SO much easier than having separate sleeping surfaces. It's natural and most countries do bed share, only in the US is it supposedly horribly dangerous.

Do a quick Google search on bed sharing safety and if you practice safe sleep, you'll both be happy and healthy.
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:34 PM
My 2 month old starts out in his crib and comes to my bed when he wakes up so I can nurse and go back to sleep. That's usually not until about 6am so he's only with me for a couple hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenashark
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:35 PM

We cosleep, we do not bedshare as we do not believe it to be safe.

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
We do not co-sleep but here's a BUMP. :)
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM

We cosleep with our babies. It's just SO much easier, especially for breastfeeding. I have a 6 month old I'm currently cosleeping with. As long as you follow the safety rules for it, there's no problem.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:42 AM
We bed-shared with both of ours and we all slept very well! The children transitioned out as they were ready and still slept well. We didn't train or force them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)