Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Does this count?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have some nasty varicose veins on my legs (veinous reflux) that are suppose to be taken off later this year -- do you think that counts as a cosmetic surgery?

They look similar to this:

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Insurance companies will say yes. :(
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I would say no, if they get I the point where they are causing a problem with blood flow and stuff.
abra
by Abra on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually, my insurance company has already approved it since it is causing pain and dizziness (lack of oxygenation since the blood isn't being pumped up to my heart very well).

Quoting wife-4-life: Insurance companies will say yes. :(
abra
by Abra on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
They are already there. Actually, one ruptured over Christmas last year, too. I've had them since I was 16 (I'm 30 now).

Quoting wife-4-life: I would say no, if they get I the point where they are causing a problem with blood flow and stuff.
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Then I'd say no it's not cosmetic. It's medically necessary. :)

I hope it goes well!!!!

Quoting abra: They are already there. Actually, one ruptured over Christmas last year, too. I've had them since I was 16 (I'm 30 now).

Quoting wife-4-life: I would say no, if they get I the point where they are causing a problem with blood flow and stuff.
abra
by Abra on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Thanks! me too!

Quoting wife-4-life: Then I'd say no it's not cosmetic. It's medically necessary. :)

I hope it goes well!!!!

Quoting abra: They are already there. Actually, one ruptured over Christmas last year, too. I've had them since I was 16 (I'm 30 now).

dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 8:39 PM
I wouldn't care if it was considered cosmetic surgery, I would love to have mine removed. I have had them since high school and they got worse over my 2 pregnancies.
abra
by Abra on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Yes! I'm so ready to get them off. They really hurt. Mine developed when I was a ballet dancer (in junior high/high school) and just got worse and worse with every kid!

Quoting dreamarrow: I wouldn't care if it was considered cosmetic surgery, I would love to have mine removed. I have had them since high school and they got worse over my 2 pregnancies.
1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM
If it's not causing health issues (in your case it is), I think it would be cosmetic, but not if it's causing issues.

Quoting abra: Actually, my insurance company has already approved it since it is causing pain and dizziness (lack of oxygenation since the blood isn't being pumped up to my heart very well).

Quoting wife-4-life: Insurance companies will say yes. :(
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:10 AM

If it's for cosmetic reasons then yes, if it's for medical reasons then no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)