Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

uncomfortable baby. HELP

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM
  • 22 Replies
Let me five you a little background. I attempted for a couple of months to get my ds now 3 months to nurse. Just unsuccessful. So I pumped until 4 days ago. Just not producing. I have some milk stored but it won't last long. I have been doing 1/2 breast milk 1/2 formula (regular Enfamil). He spits up a little at each feeding. It's kind of phlegmy. He cries and gets straight as a board. After he burps he whines some then goes back to eating. Any suggestions? Do I change formula? Do just breast milk? But that won't last much longer. I haven't been to pediatrician yet.
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

How often do you pump?  You have to pump every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night in order to keep up supply when EPing. 

Have you considered joining the breastfeeding group? 

mybumblebe
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM
The stiff as a board thing sounds like reflux. My little one got prescribed something for reflux that helped but she got better on her own so is topped giving it to her. Could be an issue with the nipple flow angle your feeding her burp her more often certain bottles help with reflux and reduce air bubbles etc I would look up baby reflux and get some ideas online too and also of course talk to your pediatrician
mybumblebe
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Dang, really? I've never had to pump like that I breastfeed but goodness I feel for anyone that would have to pump every 3 hours in the middle of the night on top of feeding the baby. You have to pump in the middle of the night to keep supply? I don't feed in the middle of the night and my supply is still fine. Then again my baby is almost 8 months I dunno phew that's a lot of work I honestly would probably just do formula if I had issues breastfeeding

Quoting JadeTigr7:

How often do you pump?  You have to pump every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night in order to keep up supply when EPing. Have you considered joining the breastfeeding group? 

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Yes, because a pump is not as efficient as a baby, and in order to maintain supply when EPing you have to pump more often then baby would nurse.  It's  huge committment, but it has it's rewards also.

Quoting mybumblebe: Dang, really? I've never had to pump like that I breastfeed but goodness I feel for anyone that would have to pump every 3 hours in the middle of the night on top of feeding the baby. You have to pump in the middle of the night to keep supply? I don't feed in the middle of the night and my supply is still fine. Then again my baby is almost 8 months I dunno phew that's a lot of work I honestly would probably just do formula if I had issues breastfeeding
Quoting JadeTigr7:

How often do you pump?  You have to pump every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night in order to keep up supply when EPing. Have you considered joining the breastfeeding group? 

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

kahlansmommy
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I am done with pumping even. I wish he would have just "liked it. My others did bf. I work full-time plus very busy with other 3 ball games throughout the summer so pumping is no longer an option.
I have the Playtex bottles with the drop in bags.
Night_Roane
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM
It almost sounds like he's a stubborn burper/ getting tummy bubbles. Try some gripe water, extra burping time, and keep him propped up while feeding and shortly after. If he's too horizontal his immature esophagus cant always hold back the milk and it'll wash back.
Night_Roane
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Used those with DD#2. SO wish I'd used them with DD#1 now. They were fantastic for keeping air out.

Quoting kahlansmommy: I am done with pumping even. I wish he would have just "liked it. My others did bf. I work full-time plus very busy with other 3 ball games throughout the summer so pumping is no longer an option.
kahlansmommy
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
He does burp well. I sit him up and right away he burps like his dad!

Quoting Night_Roane: Used those with DD#2. SO wish I'd used them with DD#1 now. They were fantastic for keeping air out.

Quoting kahlansmommy: I am done with pumping even. I wish he would have just "liked it. My others did bf. I work full-time plus very busy with other 3 ball games throughout the summer so pumping is no longer an option.
abra
by Abra on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Yep! This is particularly true if the baby is a really focused nurser. :-) 

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Yes, because a pump is not as efficient as a baby, and in order to maintain supply when EPing you have to pump more often then baby would nurse.  It's  huge committment, but it has it's rewards also.

Quoting mybumblebe: Dang, really? I've never had to pump like that I breastfeed but goodness I feel for anyone that would have to pump every 3 hours in the middle of the night on top of feeding the baby. You have to pump in the middle of the night to keep supply? I don't feed in the middle of the night and my supply is still fine. Then again my baby is almost 8 months I dunno phew that's a lot of work I honestly would probably just do formula if I had issues breastfeeding
Quoting JadeTigr7:

abra
by Abra on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Have you tried Fenugreek to help with your supply yet? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN