Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what's in your diaper bag?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM
  • 21 Replies
My ds is 6weeks old today YAY! I thought it might be fun for us to compair what's in our babies diaper bags.
for my son i carry the basic diapers, wipes and hand sanatizer. ( those are must haves) i also carry coconut oil now, its my new favorite product, and can be used for almost everything under the sun. An extra outfit, pacifiers evenn though my ds don't use them, a light reciving blanket, baby rattle to keep him occupied. A nursing blanket, and then for me i carry a bottle of water, my wallet, phone, and that's about it!
So how old is your lil one and what's in your diaper bag?
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM
For my 16month old I have diapers, wipes, coconut oil, fruit leather, a change of clothes for dd2 (she's been in panties full one for about 5 days now). Water bottles for all 3 of my kids, sunblock, graham crackers, my wallet, my keys, my inhaler, BC, tampons (jic), Chapstick & gum.

I use a backpack & not an actual diaper bag. It's so much easier for me to throw the backpack on while carrying baby & holding dd2's hand, while dd1 holds dd2's other hand. A reg diaper back kept falling off my shoulder. Lol
s_roachy
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Wow, you guys are much more prepared than me! My daughter is almost one, I just keep diapers, wipes, and a change of clothes in there. I throw in more depending on what we are doing, but if its just a run to Target, we don't need anything else. If we are going to be outside I add the hat, sunscreen, water, snacks, and toys. Now ask me what's in my purse, that's another story....

What do you guys use the coconut oil for? I tried is on my daughter's eczema and didn't notice that it seemed to help much, but maybe I need to use it longer. I've seen so many people swear by it!

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM
My dd1 has chronic eczema and it helps keep her inflammed areas from Erin so bad that they get infected. She's gotten quite a few secondary infections cuz she scratches so much. It doesn't take the eczema away but it helps keep it moisturizer and stuff. Same with my dd2's but hers isn't bad.

It is great on diaper rashes. Typically if my baby's diaper rash is really bad, I mix coconut oil with a zinc diaper cream and put that on her and it's amazing. Rash is gone with in a day or two.

It is also great for moisturizing hair and other things.

Quoting s_roachy:

Wow, you guys are much more prepared than me! My daughter is almost one, I just keep diapers, wipes, and a change of clothes in there. I throw in more depending on what we are doing, but if its just a run to Target, we don't need anything else. If we are going to be outside I add the hat, sunscreen, water, snacks, and toys. Now ask me what's in my purse, that's another story....

What do you guys use the coconut oil for? I tried is on my daughter's eczema and didn't notice that it seemed to help much, but maybe I need to use it longer. I've seen so many people swear by it!

AubryJ
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM
In my jujube be prepared I have a change of clothes for 3 year old, 2 changes of clothes for 1 year old, 4 softbums cloth diapers, 2 applecheeks mini storage bags each with 5 cloth wipes, 2 applecheeks size 1 storage sacs, 1 softbums wet bag, a blanket, bumGenius bottom cleaner, 2 sloomb cloth trainers, boogie wipes, nasal saline, a syringe bulb, sunscreen, eco sprout diaper ointment, weleda diaper ointment, 4 softbums disposable inserts, an organic farm buddies toy, a couple Thomas wooden train cars, my planner, keys, sunglasses, wallet, a few pens, two life glass sippy cups and a first aide kit. With a little room to spare believe it or not.
pinklovesnore
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I actually just heard about it the other day, did my research and then sent dh to the store right away. It boils down to what can't you use coconut oil for.
i like it because its supposed to help with the production of milk, use it as an all natural baby lotion, rash cream, moisturizer, hair treatments, helps fight celulite, weight loss, lip moisturizer, shaving cream, it stimulates hair growth, fights infectons, helps heal damaged skin, gives a boost of energy.
i do swear by it and i just started using it, and got dh to use it too. I'm sure if you looked up its uses you eould find atleast 5 things that you could use it for. there's cold pressed un refined which is better and smells coconutty, and refined which don't have a smell and a light nutty taste.

Quoting s_roachy:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Diapers, wipes, first aid kit, change of clothes, snacks, water, toys

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 6, 2014 at 3:07 PM

My "baby" is almost three so my purse now doubles as a diaper bag. I always have a diaper, wipes, a snack and a small toy for him.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM

my youngest is 4 yrs old.

I carry an extra outfit, wipes, sun screen, lip sunscreen, snacks, a bottle of water, key, wallet, cellphone, hand sanitizer, pen, hair bands. Oh and a plastic bag.

abra
by Abra on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:43 PM
diapers, wipes, crackers, a sippy cup, a onesie and sunscreen.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM

My twins are 2. They're potty-trained, so it's not really a "diaper bag" anymore...More of a "just in case bag". I keep a change of clothes for them (including undies), snacks, bottled water, a couple of toys, their LeapPads, and their loveys. (DD's is a lavender blankie, and DS's is a stuffed bear with a small blankie attached.)

I don't actually carry it everywhere; it stays in the car most of the time. I just throw the LeapPads in my purse if I think we'll need them (like if we're waiting at the bank or something).

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 14 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 10 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 6 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 2 years old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 18 years old (niece) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN