Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Leg braces at 2!:/

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello ladies. My son was born at 23 weeks. He's had 4 surgeries but is pretty healthy overall. He has a foot that rotates outward keeping him from walking. We are going next month to be fitted for AFO's. Do any of you have small children that have/had them.? Wondering what to expect? Will he hate them? He's 2.
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
princessamber
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:34 PM
My daughter has had them since she was 13 months she will be 3 in sept. at first it was a fight but once she realized they helped her walk it was all good. She now sits still when I put them on and even tries to help
tobysmom103
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM

my son got them around 2,hes now 5. he has cerebral palsy. He likes his braces for the most part. whenever i mention leaving he gets his shoes and braces ready

ashleyellis
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Aww! I'm hoping he adapts to his pretty easily! As much as he falls maybe he will realize they keep,him from losing his balance as much!

Quoting princessamber: My daughter has had them since she was 13 months she will be 3 in sept. at first it was a fight but once she realized they helped her walk it was all good. She now sits still when I put them on and even tries to help
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I'm not sure, bump and good luck!

NeonGirl9583
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM
My son had them at 18 months. He never minded them. He's 8 now and still wear them.
SueUK
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I know a 4 year old with one, hers is pink and girly with princesses on so she likes to wear it. It can rub at times, but she's only just started with it, she's made a good start though. Maybe you can get one with a boy theme....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)