Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Bottles

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hey everyone! I am a first time mom, and my daughter is now 8 1/2 months old. She is starting to refuse her bottles and I don't no what to do. Do any of you have suggestions on what to do? 

by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bopeeps_mom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Does she take a sippy cup?  If she takes a cup but refuses the bottle she might be ready to give them up and go for cups all the time. Do you just give her milk in the bottle or are you giving water or juice in it too?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM

How much food is she getting?

SavannahPoulin
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
She actually takes a sippy cup throughout the whole day. She eats baby food 3 times a day and she also has snacks. She shakes her head no to the bottle every time.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I would go with a sippy cup then. She should be nursing or getting a bottle BEFORE any solids though.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM

This!

Quoting Mom2Just1:

I would go with a sippy cup then. She should be nursing or getting a bottle BEFORE any solids though.  

beckyv1972
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Try giving her a sippy cup. My 6 mnth old uses one when she is being fussy about drinking her bottle.

hot_momma633
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:42 PM
She's ready to give it up them. Put them away for God and stay with the sippy cup.

Quoting SavannahPoulin: She actually takes a sippy cup throughout the whole day. She eats baby food 3 times a day and she also has snacks. She shakes her head no to the bottle every time.
SavannahPoulin
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! I believe her bottle will be taken away for good then.
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:29 PM
This

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM
She is probably ready for a sippy cup
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)