Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Ya'll were right. Thank you!!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

So yesterday was my youngest doctors appointment. He is 2ft tall and 15lbs. He was diagnosed with Plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome) and Torticollis (tight/short muscle). So now we are waiting to hear back from EI for a therapist in our area to help him with physical therapy. We will know more from the therapist. thank you everyone for all the help with my baby's head!!

group hug

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mazie0723
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Glad things are going to get better I was thinking about you two yesterday.
JRSMOM0621
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I was really nervous before the appointment I couldnt eat. The dr tried forcing his head to the left and he started to cry. Dr said yep he has it and gave me a number. I'm just glad he didnt look at me like I was nuts lol

Quoting Mazie0723: Glad things are going to get better I was thinking about you two yesterday.

Mazie0723
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Lol it can be a long process but it's definitely worth it.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I was really nervous before the appointment I couldnt eat. The dr tried forcing his head to the left and he started to cry. Dr said yep he has it and gave me a number. I'm just glad he didnt look at me like I was nuts lol

Quoting Mazie0723: Glad things are going to get better I was thinking about you two yesterday.

JRSMOM0621
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Yeah I hope that lady comes back from vacation quick so we can get him evaluated and started on PT. I'd hate for it to get worse while we wait.

Quoting Mazie0723: Lol it can be a long process but it's definitely worth it.
Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Mazie0723
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Our doctor gave us stretching exercises to do while we waited. Look up torticolis stretches. Yes he will cry but it does help.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Yeah I hope that lady comes back from vacation quick so we can get him evaluated and started on PT. I'd hate for it to get worse while we wait.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

JRSMOM0621
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I'll do that :)

Quoting Mazie0723: Our doctor gave us stretching exercises to do while we waited. Look up torticolis stretches. Yes he will cry but it does help.
Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

abra
by Abra on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM
((Hugs))
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Best of luck!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 11, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Good luck!

bopeeps_mom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Hopefully it wont be to long before its stretched out! My DD1 had this and it was a few months of PT and doing the stretches they give you a few times a day and shes all straight now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)