Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

producing to much milk

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
Im producing to much milk ny little one won't stay latched and is gagging evrytime I go to feed her because the flow is to fast im worried shes not getting g enough what can I do to help slow it down
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiedimartino
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Also im leaking like crazy everything is soaked in the matter of seconds what I can do to stop this
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Go to the bf group, It might be over active let down. They can tell you how to block feed to help keep the flow a bit slower. I think you feed while your laying back, and the baby is on top of you, but they will beable to tell you better.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM

It's an overactive flow. It's common in the beginning, or you could always have it kike I do. When you start to let down, delatch baby and have a cup or bottle handy so you can pour into that until it slows down and you can relatch baby.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:49 PM

How long have you been breastfeeding? Your supply starts to calm down usually by 6 weeks.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Self express into a towel for a minute or two before you feed baby.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Reclined nursing also helps! Baby goes over the breast not under.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

jackiedimartino
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Thanks everyone and turtledove three weeks I used a pumped every other day at least once for only a week so my husband could bond with her and I could get a break my LO didnt hsve nipple confusion so i thought it was okay but then this started happing ive tried the laying on my back she freaks out and detaching when my milk lets down but she gets sooo upset and gets frantic then I can't get her to latch again ......its . Just a hard knock life for this LO
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:11 AM
Reclined nursing: you lean back, she goes tummy-to-tummy with you vertically rather than horizontally, mouth over rather than under the nipple.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Quoting jackiedimartino: Thanks everyone and turtledove three weeks I used a pumped every other day at least once for only a week so my husband could bond with her and I could get a break my LO didnt hsve nipple confusion so i thought it was okay but then this started happing ive tried the laying on my back she freaks out and detaching when my milk lets down but she gets sooo upset and gets frantic then I can't get her to latch again ......its . Just a hard knock life for this LO

It's too early for pumping, and that's not helping the oversupply.et dad bond by changing diapers, bathing walking rocking, dancing. Anything but feeding. When she is feeding, she's more focused on food than on daddy. With the other activities, she can actually look at him.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Diaper count tells you what she's getting. You want 6-8 every 24 hours with at least two quarter sized poops. Anything bigger than a quarter of extra wet counts as two diapers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN