Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

how old?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM
  • 41 Replies
How old was your lo when you started the baby cereal and baby food. With ds I started between 3-4 months with the cereal and my dd will be 7months in a couple days and doesn't seem to like the baby cereal (which I don't blame her it's gross lol). I want to know if I'm starting her too early
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
s_roachy
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I don't think 7 months is too young. Maybe try a mild flavored fruit or vegetable instead. 

missjes1987
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I tried sweet potatoes, green beans, applesauce and bananas and she spits them out. I want her to eat more than formula because she eats so much
missjes1987
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I tried sweet potatoes, green beans, applesauce and bananas and she spits them out. I want her to eat more than formula because she eats so much
s_roachy
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Oh, I thought you said she doesn't like cereal. Are those just purees that you've tried? Maybe she wants small bites of finger food to feed herself instead. 

missjes1987
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Ya she hates the baby cereal and that's more of the baby food I've tried giving her that she just spits up right away.

Quoting s_roachy:

Oh, I thought you said she doesn't like cereal. Are those just purees that you've tried? Maybe she wants small bites of finger food to feed herself instead. 

booaura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:22 PM
There is no need for cereal, so never. We started with regular food when they were around 7-9 months. DD is 5 months, still ebf'd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Maybe try cheerios. As long as she is sitting unsupported she's fine. Even if she has no teeth she will gum it. My sister didn't get her first teeth til 14 mos and was eating regular food. It was small baby bite sized pieces she gummed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missjes1987
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Ok this is going to ba a stupid question but I'll ask. Do you mean regular food as baby food or like food you and I eat?

Quoting booaura: There is no need for cereal, so never. We started with regular food when they were around 7-9 months. DD is 5 months, still ebf'd.
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Regular food like you and I eat. There is no reason to feed baby food or purees.

Quoting missjes1987: Ok this is going to ba a stupid question but I'll ask. Do you mean regular food as baby food or like food you and I eat?

Quoting booaura: There is no need for cereal, so never. We started with regular food when they were around 7-9 months. DD is 5 months, still ebf'd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missjes1987
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM
She has a tooth in already and has mashed potatoes once so I was thinking of trying those more often for her to eat. Somebody told me to try malt o meal and has anyone else tried it for their lo?

Quoting Jenn8604: Maybe try cheerios. As long as she is sitting unsupported she's fine. Even if she has no teeth she will gum it. My sister didn't get her first teeth til 14 mos and was eating regular food. It was small baby bite sized pieces she gummed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN