Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
I fed my 4 month old rice cereal last night which he was ehhh about. I didnt give him much but he ended up waking up several times after we put him down like he had an upset stomach. I wondered if maybe he isnt ready for cereal yet but decided to give him oatmeal cereal at 4pm instead of before bed to give it one more chance. He seemed to LOVE the oatmeal (very runny) and kept wanting more. Im praying it doesn't upset his stomach again! Does it just take some getting used to or is his digestive system not ready??
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Replies (51-54):
Lyndsjo
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:10 AM
We do not feed him rice cereal.
sahm978
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM
This isn't any help but I remember reading somewhere that a babys digestive system isn't ready for grain until 1 year. I don't know if I believe this or not but definitely intend on researching it before my LO starts eating anything besides milk.
Allisonc7910
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:52 AM
My ds took the rice cereal fine at 6 months, but he's eating chicken for iron now and other foods. I didn't like the high iron in it. Adult cereals with the equivalent percentage of iron make me nauseated.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I follow the latest research that shows babies shouldn't have solids until at least 6 months of age and we don't do baby cereal. It's basically baby's first junk food since the nutrients in it are fortified and not naturally occurring. We still with real, whole, naturally nutritious foods once baby is old enough and at least 6 months old.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN