Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

4-Month Wakefulness?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hey everyone,

i have a 4-month old boy, and we seem to have entered a period of wakefulness. He is super alert during the day, really distracted, especially while eating and trying to nap. He just went through a growth spurt and some teething, so he has had a ton of development lately (gross motor, a lot of squealing, laughing, playfulness, etc.) but now we're waking often during the night, sometimes to eat, but often wanting to play. I've heard this could be wakefulness period. Is this real? How long does it last? Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with baby wanting to play at 1 am?

It's tough because we had just all started sleeping better and now we're up again at night... Though its hard to get frustrated when he's smiling up at me from his crib...

thanks!

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM

4 month sleep regression!  It will pass. (:  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Very normal. We co-slept, kept the room dark and plugged them into the breast when they woke.
abra
by Abra on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:35 PM
That sounds pretty normal! We didn't co-sleep, but as long as they were happy, we just allowed them to play in their pack n play until they fell back asleep. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN