Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Dream Come True

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM
  • 26 Replies

About 13 years ago my bestie and I made check lists of who our dream guy would be. 

Blue eyes: check.
Brown hair: check.
A voice that makes me weak in the knees: check.
No beard: check.
Plays guitar: check.
Is a writer: check.
Enjoys horseback riding: check.

The list was exhaustive. 12 1/2 years ago I kissed that man and 10 years ago today, I got to marry him! He met all the most important desires of my heart and God kindly replaced the 17 year old girl requests with what I would want as a woman. God has been so kind in giving me my husband. 

Thank you, Ben. 
Thank you for liking me.
Thank you for staying with me.
Thank you for loving me.
Thank you for singing to me.
Thank you for working for us.
Thank you for our kids.
Thank you for comforting me.
Thank you for this life.
Thank you for being my friend.
Thank you for marrying me.

Photo: About 13 years ago my bestie and I made check lists of who our dream guy would be. </p>
<p>Blue eyes: check.<br />
Brown hair: check.<br />
A voice that makes me weak in the knees: check.<br />
No beard: check.<br />
Plays guitar: check.<br />
Is a writer: check.<br />
Enjoys horseback riding: check.</p>
<p>The list was exhaustive. 12 1/2 years ago I kissed that man and 10 years ago today, I got to marry him! He met all the most important desires of my heart and God kindly replaced the 17 year old girl requests with what I would want as a woman.  God has been so kind in giving me my husband. </p>
<p>Thank you, Ben Carnahan.<br />
Thank you for liking me.<br />
Thank you for staying with me.<br />
Thank you for loving me.<br />
Thank you for singing to me.<br />
Thank you for working for us.<br />
Thank you for our kids.<br />
Thank you for comforting me.<br />
Thank you for this life.<br />
Thank you for being my friend.<br />
Thank you for marrying me.” width=”373″ height=”400″ /></p></div>
</div>
<p> </p>
</div><!-- .entry-content -->
<ul class=

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2ndbabyBumpStar
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Happy anniversary and Cinderella dreams do come true for some lucky princesses!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Thats so sweet! Happy anniversary!

I know what you mean - my husband actually found a list I had written when I was 14 and what I wanted in a husband. He fit almost everything perfectly. The one thing that he didn't fit was when I said I wanted someone who enjoyed their job. But, he always enjoyed his job before me. Once we got married and had kids, he said he hated going to work because he missed me and our babies so much. I'm totally okay with that! lol

When we started dating, he told me he wanted to tell me outright what he was looking for, because he didn't want to get us into something he couldn't go through with. He gave me a list of what he wanted in a wife, and I thought he was practical joking me - because it was my exact list of what I was looking for and most of it seems so rare! I was upset that he was pranking me, until I realized that he wasn't and he didn't know about what I wanted yet. He genuinely wanted everything I did. No surprise that our marriage is so amazing!

toddler girlbaby boypuppy

Katie Belle- 7.2.11 & Will - 12.27.13

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:23 PM

So sweet, happy anniversary!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Beautiful couple. Happy Anniversary!
christina122952
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Happy anniversary
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Happy Anniversary! My best friend and I made a list when we were 14, DH found it and said he fit the description and I happily agreed : ) As for my best friend, her husband is the opposite, LOL

abra
by Abra on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Thanks! I certainly feel blessed!

Quoting 2ndbabyBumpStar:

Happy anniversary and Cinderella dreams do come true for some lucky princesses!

abra
by Abra on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:47 AM
That is amazing! I love it!!

Quoting Turtledoves:

Thats so sweet! Happy anniversary!

I know what you mean - my husband actually found a list I had written when I was 14 and what I wanted in a husband. He fit almost everything perfectly. The one thing that he didn't fit was when I said I wanted someone who enjoyed their job. But, he always enjoyed his job before me. Once we got married and had kids, he said he hated going to work because he missed me and our babies so much. I'm totally okay with that! lol

When we started dating, he told me he wanted to tell me outright what he was looking for, because he didn't want to get us into something he couldn't go through with. He gave me a list of what he wanted in a wife, and I thought he was practical joking me - because it was my exact list of what I was looking for and most of it seems so rare! I was upset that he was pranking me, until I realized that he wasn't and he didn't know about what I wanted yet. He genuinely wanted everything I did. No surprise that our marriage is so amazing!

abra
by Abra on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!!

Quoting Zazayam:

So sweet, happy anniversary!

abra
by Abra on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:48 AM
You're so sweet! thanks!

Quoting expectantmom81: Beautiful couple. Happy Anniversary!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)