Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

one tired mama

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
Is it just reality that only the moms wake up in the middle of the night to change and feed their baby? My husband is great, he does the cooking which is a huge weight off my shoulders but I wish he'd wake up and take care of our baby every once in awhile so I could get some sleep.
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry . That was the way it was with my second baby. My husband was working really long hours, early the morning until late at night. With our 3rd, he was working more normal hours so I asked him to help. Now, (another kid later)  and several years, he gets up at night every time the kids need any help so I can sleep. Have you asked your guy to help?  Sometimes men just need us to spell out what we need for them. :-)

Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:17 AM
When our newest son was waking up, my husband got up, changed his diaper and brought him to me in bed. He did that with our middle child as well. Our oldest never came to our bed but my hubby would do a bottle here and there if I asked. We also each got to sleep in one weekend day and the other would get up early with the baby. The next day we switched. We just sort of worked on it until we found a system that worked. I agree on spelling it out if you haven't already. Hope you get some sleep soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley0523
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Im sorry. My dh is on mid shift right now so he works at night but on his days off i get up until about 5 then he takes over
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM

We take turns.  When I was home on maternity leave, I would get up during the week and he would get up Friday and Saturday nights.  Now we are both working so we just take turns and he ends up getting up more than I do.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:25 AM

My husband does diaper duty in the middle of the night.  He changes diapers and then I nurse baby.  He couldn't do feedings so he said I will at least change diapers and stay up with you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM
We co-slept. Kept a couple of diapers, wipes and changing pad at the end of the bed. Made night nursing much easier, and we all slept.
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:18 AM

My husband does help out at night, but we bed-shared, so usually when the baby woke up I'd just switch sides and nurse back to sleep.  

Now she's in her own space and usually my husband will get her out of the pack n play at the end of our bed and give her to me to nurse, and then I put her back.

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM

My husband pretty much gets up everytime my son does.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:28 AM
I breastfeed, and dh works full time while I'm at home, so I usually get up with the baby. We have two older boys and I worked when they were babies, dh and I split the getting up. But, we also co-sleep, so it isn't all that much work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemike
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Yeah I'm a stay at home mom so I have no problem getting up during the week when my husband works but it would be nice to get a break on the weekends. I would wake him up but I'm already awake cuz of the crying so I just get up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN