Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
Is it just reality that only the moms wake up in the middle of the night to change and feed their baby? My husband is great, he does the cooking which is a huge weight off my shoulders but I wish he'd wake up and take care of our baby every once in awhile so I could get some sleep.
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Replies (11-17):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:36 AM

I'm a sahm too, but my hubby would help me on the nights that I was having a really hard time. Have you talked to your hubby about it and ask for his help. Maybe on the weekends (or what his weekends might be.)

dawnln73
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:56 AM
I'm also a stay at home mom and my husband works 6 days a week. He gets up on Sat night for one feeding and then it's me the rest of the week. I miss sleepâ˜ș
s_roachy
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I tried to do it mostly myself, but when she was going through really bad periods of waking a lot, we took shifts. That worked well so we could each get some sort of a stretch of uninterrupted sleep. We did this even when he was working and I was staying home. Everyone needs sleep, working or not. Now she sleeps through the night. YESSSSSSS! :)

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I don't know what his schedule is like, but I never expect my fiancee to get up with the baby due to his. Besides, I nurse so there really isn't a point of him doing so.

littlemike
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:03 AM
I nursed the first seven weeks then I dried up so he's bottle fed. Luckily my son started sleeping till 5-6 in the morning so now that I'm getting between 6-7 hours of sleep at night, I have no problem getting up every morning to feed him. I missed sleep soo much lol
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Unfortunately that's how it is in most families. My hubby didn't get up much
Krizzle01
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:08 AM
I'm staying home at the moment so I get up during the week and DH takes over on his days off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)