Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What is your baby name style?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM
  • 78 Replies

Does your baby have a popular, trendy, classic, unique or perhaps a name that reflects on your heritage?

Did popularity or pop culture play any role in your baby naming process? 

Does baby share a name with anyone in your family?

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Court112
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM

ARIANA IVY 

My daughters name was chosen from her spanish culture, and her middle name was chosen because my boyfriends name is ivan and my youngest niece would call him ivy and we thought it was the cutest thing ever and we were really stuck for girl names so we chose to pick the name ivy after her daddy. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful name! We almost named DD Ariana.

Quoting Court112:

ARIANA IVY 

My daughters name was chosen from her spanish culture, and her middle name was chosen because my boyfriends name is ivan and my youngest niece would call him ivy and we thought it was the cutest thing ever and we were really stuck for girl names so we chose to pick the name ivy after her daddy. 

VinVanMom
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are Vincent William Antone and Vanessa Marian Landis. They are adopted and came named but we loved the 1st names and kept them. We are huge Vincent Price fans. I call my dd Vanna. Son Vin. Was asked if we named him for Vin Diesel lol. I gave them family names for middle.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Kyler Michael- First I just thought up one day while driving. His middle name is my Grandpa Mike's name and the middle name of my Uncle who died at birth.

Kayden James-I didn't like the traditional spelling and wanted a K name so I changed it. His middle is after DFs oldest brothers middle name.

Rylen Charles- Rylen I found when looking for names and I really liked it. Charles was my great grandpas name.

Raiden Oliver- Raiden is from Mortal Combat and Oliver was my first choice for his name but DF didn't like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
We use Mediterranean (Italian/Greek) names:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I used ones I thought were cute and went together good. The middle name is also his great great grandfather' s middle name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
My sister said my kids have Pottery Barn names meaning they are yuppy. I'm okay with that. They are not trendy though. No top ranking names. Middle names are family names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually my babies names have grown popularity, They are also unique and family names. 

Mason is named after his great grandmother's maiden name(on my side) and his great great grandfather's first name(on his father's side) his middle name is a tribute to my ex dh's irish heritage.

Charlie's name was originally after his grandfather on his father's side but then it was later explained as his grandfather and great grandfather's names but together. (Thomas-his middle name is my father's first name) & Charlie(Charles) is his great grandfather's middle name on my side of the family.

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Nicolaus has pretty traditional names, but represent a friend (mn), my nationality (fn) and DHs as well (mn) as well as the fact DS chose one middle name that happened to match the country where we live (DH) and is that languages equivalent of one of his MNS so he chose it so they can have that in common

We didn't name DS but traditional but not common names, 2 middle names named after people
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My girls have biblical names- 2 are women in the Bible and 1 is a Hebrew word. The middle names are family names.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)