Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: my 1 year old is not wanting to sleep with...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

my 1 year old is not wanting to sleep with out me ill rock her to sleep but when i lay her down she wakes right up or if i get her to stay a sleep she wil\ l wake up and she will only go to sleep laying next. has any gone thought this what should i do

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this
My 19 month old is the same way. We figure when he is ready he will sleep on his own.
JunkYdMom
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 1 year old twins. My son likes his space.and sleeps in his own bed. My daughter is a different story. She wants to sleep on me. I'm not going to worry about ,yet.
Sorry, no good advice here...Good luck
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not unusual. We co-slept for more than a year with both of ours.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Children are supposed to sleep cuddling mom. There aren't many animals that don't. Humans are one of the animals that are supposed to. It's normal.
abra
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Personally, we decided to train our babies to sleep better by themselves from about 2-3 months onward for the wellbeing of the whole family. The longer you wait to teach them, the harder it can be (because of established habits). We used compassionate cio method and it was effective with every one of our children we used it with. We didn't use it with our 2nd baby (we coslept for the first year) and she still doesn't sleep well in her own bed (she is 5!).

Here is more info on CCIO: http://www.cafemom.com/group/113812/forums/read/15376333/An_Introduction_to_Compassionate_CIO_Sleep_Training
gypsymommy03
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM

the thing it she just start doing to with in the last 2 weeks 

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Quoting gypsymommy03:

the thing it she just start doing to with in the last 2 weeks 

This is normal. She is reaching lots of milestones physically, mentally and emotionally. It's very unsettling, and she needs the extra security. Please don't resort to CIO. It is in no way compassionate.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

JadeTigr7
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I have bed-shared and co-slept with all of mine, and all my children sleep just fine.

It's normal for kids to want to be near their parents, and even when they are sleeping fine, there could be something that unsettles them, and they just need their parent for a bit.

Meet that need and encourage sleeping in her own space again as she shows signs of being ready for it. 

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Normal, perhaps baby's molars are coming in and they need extra snuggles

polkaspots
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:03 AM
I sat with my kids in their beds until they fell asleep.
My oldest didn't start going to sleep by herself until she was three, but my middle kid has been doing it since he was maybe eight months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)