• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: My little girl is now 10 days old and I...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

My little girl is now 10 days old and I would love to get suggestions/recommendations/not- to-dos on how to ensure she sleeps through the night in the future (hopefully 3-4 months from now :)).  

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Wait until she's ready. It's completely normal for babies to wake at night for the first year or more. Forcing schedules, starting solids, etc won't make baby sleep through the night. Waking at night actually helps prevent SIDS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

You don't.  There is no way to do that and shouldn't even be a thought right now.  Infants aren't supposed to sleep through the night.  It's a biological, built-in protection against SIDS.

DomDuck
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

ehhhh thats a tough one. I have a one year old. She slept 12-13 hours straight with no gimmicks from 4-8 months......then she started waking 1-4 times or none at all.....so random....we just started sleep training last week and it was hard for 3 days but i just put her to bed all by herself with only a cry for one minute and she has slept through the last three nights....fingers crossed!!! 

I guess I'm just saying you won't know until the time comes. Good luck!

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:14 PM

YOu wait until they're ready.  Sleep training is outdated and very dangerous.  Sleep patterns will change so much in the first 2 years or more, babies waking is a good thing-defense against SIDS, etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM
No advice, no tricks. They sleep when they are ready. It's normal up to 1-2.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)