Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What color?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM
  • 22 Replies

Mobile Photo

Excuse the mess. I'm redecorating/reorganizing my youngest son's room. I have way more going into this room than just what you see and obviously what is there needs to be organized better. I have a futon going in this room with a navy cover and I'm waiting on some robot pillows to come in the mail to go on the futon. They are blue/orange and grey/blue. I'm painting a metal trashcan navy with orange, blue and grey robots on it to use as a clothes hamper. And we are about to switch to toddler bedding which is navy and grey chevron with robot sheets. And I have a rug that is going in here that is navy/blue/orange/grey stripes. Basically, the colors in this room are grey, navy, blue, and orange. I want to paint the room soon but can't decide what color except that I want it to be a pretty pale color and easy to paint over in a few years when we sell the house. What color would you paint? I obviously don't like the beige walls with this color scheme.
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyTo5Boys
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

This it totally off topic, but that painting really creeps me out and I would have nightmares if that were in my bedroom, lol.

I'd prob go with a light blue or lighter grey color if it needed to be painted over agian. 
If not, I'd go bold with all grey and a bright orange accent wall! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM
The one with the orange robot? Lol
My brother is an artist and it is from an older collection. My son absolutely loved it when we pulled it out of storage and it kind of worked with the theme. He's been going to sleep talking to that robot the last few weeks. We just put the other painting up (my brother painted that too) but I think it might look better in the kids teal and grey bathroom. I am painting in there next week......a pale grey. Maybe just buy more of that paint then for this room too?

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

This it totally off topic, but that painting really creeps me out and I would have nightmares if that were in my bedroom, lol.

I'd prob go with a light blue or lighter grey color if it needed to be painted over agian. If not, I'd go bold with all grey and a bright orange accent wall! 

MommyTo5Boys
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Yes the one over the organizer. Something about the face just makes me think "Run, run for your life!" LOL. Sorry. But if your son loves it and it was painted by his uncle then that's great! 
The painting over the crib is super cute :) 

If you're already buying paint for the bathroom that you might be able to use for the bedroom what I would do is paint the bathroom and after it's dried bring some of the bedding, curtains, wall hangings, etc. into the bathroom and see how they mesh with the color on the walls.

Quoting mewebb82: The one with the orange robot? Lol My brother is an artist and it is from an older collection. My son absolutely loved it when we pulled it out of storage and it kind of worked with the theme. He's been going to sleep talking to that robot the last few weeks. We just put the other painting up (my brother painted that too) but I think it might look better in the kids teal and grey bathroom. I am painting in there next week......a pale grey. Maybe just buy more of that paint then for this room too?
Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

I'd prob go with a light blue or lighter grey color if it needed to be painted over agian. If not, I'd go bold with all grey and a bright orange accent wall! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh, that's a great idea! Thanks!

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

Yes the one over the organizer. Something about the face just makes me think "Run, run for your life!" LOL. Sorry. But if your son loves it and it was painted by his uncle then that's great! The painting over the crib is super cute :) 

If you're already buying paint for the bathroom that you might be able to use for the bedroom what I would do is paint the bathroom and after it's dried bring some of the bedding, curtains, wall hangings, etc. into the bathroom and see how they mesh with the color on the walls.

Quoting mewebb82: The one with the orange robot? Lol
My brother is an artist and it is from an older collection. My son absolutely loved it when we pulled it out of storage and it kind of worked with the theme. He's been going to sleep talking to that robot the last few weeks. We just put the other painting up (my brother painted that too) but I think it might look better in the kids teal and grey bathroom. I am painting in there next week......a pale grey. Maybe just buy more of that paint then for this room too?

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

liss05
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Icy Blue

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM
I would do grey or light blue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM
I agree with the others. Grey or light blue.
mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I saw your comment last night and I'm starting to think maybe an icy blue would be better than the grey. I'm going to get paint samples tomorrow so I can put them against the bedding and furniture to see what will be better.

Quoting liss05:

Icy Blue

lovleopards
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I would do a light grey or blue
KeepOnTryin
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Light blue. It could work with other themes when you change the room again.

Grey is too drab. An entire orange room would be too much!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)