Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Chipped Tooth...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter just fell and hit her chin on my bent knee (I was sitting and she was coming over to me) and chipped her front tooth. So far she's drinking fine and not complaining that it hurts. She hasn't said anything about her tooth since it first happened.

I don't have experience with this. Is this bad enough that I need to take her to a dentist? The only noticible difference is at the bottom of the tooth, but when I took the picture with a flash, it looks like some of the middle part of her tooth is missing too. 

If I need to take her, do I need to rush her to a dentist, or can it wait a few days? My dentist doesn't open until Tuesday.

Heres what it looks like. I enhanced the second picture a bit to make the chip more clear. It isn't noticable outside the picture. 

toddler girlbaby boypuppy

Katie Belle- 7.2.11 & Will - 12.27.13

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Straight to the dentist. She appears to have serious enamel issues on all of her teeth and gum disease as well.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Really?? I brush her teeth twice a day and she has barely eats any junk food or anything. I had the dentist look at her teeth a few months ago and she said they were fine.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Straight to the dentist. She appears to have serious enamel issues on l her teeth abd gum disease as well.

KelliansMom
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM
When my son chip his tooth he was 11 months old and I took him to the dentist right away. He ended up being fine and didn't need anything but I wanted to make sure the root wasn't exposed and the tooth didn't need polishing to get rid of a sharp edge.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM

My dentist isn't opened until Tuesday. I'm hoping she'll be okay until then. It's the worst when kids get sick or something on Friday nights! I think I'd know if the root was exposed because she's been drinking ice water since it happened and hasn't complained at all. I just want to make sure it's okay because I worry about EVERYTHING.

Quoting KelliansMom: When my son chip his tooth he was 11 months old and I took him to the dentist right away. He ended up being fine and didn't need anything but I wanted to make sure the root wasn't exposed and the tooth didn't need polishing to get rid of a sharp edge.

KelliansMom
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM
It wouldn't hurt to have them look at it next week.

Quoting Turtledoves:

My dentist isn't opened until Tuesday. I'm hoping she'll be okay until then. It's the worst when kids get sick or something on Friday nights! I think I'd know if the root was exposed because she's been drinking ice water since it happened and hasn't complained at all. I just want to make sure it's okay because I worry about EVERYTHING.

Quoting KelliansMom: When my son chip his tooth he was 11 months old and I took him to the dentist right away. He ended up being fine and didn't need anything but I wanted to make sure the root wasn't exposed and the tooth didn't need polishing to get rid of a sharp edge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)