Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Hey, ladies. I got a couple ?s for you. I'm new to ff. I ebf my oldest till he self-weaned @ 17 mos. (my milk dried due to pregnancy & he was uninterested in dry nursing). I have a 3 month old that I was ebf & if I had to bottle-feed, it'd be expressed milk. I've been starting to give him formula & he's been doing pretty well, for the most part. (***that's not the purpose of the post so I don't wanna get TOO focused on that aspect but in a nutshell, the reason why I chose to start him on formula is b/c of school & work & if I try to do combo bottle & breast feeds, he refuses the bottle but now that I'm starting to do pretty much all ff, he takes it pretty well-If I was a SAHM, I'd have no problem continuing to EBF***) I still get the breastfeeding package from WIC. I was hoping to go & switch it, tomorrow but I'm still working on weaning him off of the night/early morning nursing session. I wanna be confident that he'll take the bottle when I'm @ work. I'm a CNA so sometimes I'd have to do 11-7. I'm trying to start him on a bottle when he wakes @ night but it's tough b/c I'm so used to just whipping my breast out & falling back to sleep w/ him lol. Anyway, for you other ladies on WIC, do you know if I would ask for the supplementation package, or the full formula package? Also, my son has been drinking Enfamil Newborn, since we had some cans given to us but I'm more than halfway through the last can. I have other cans but they're different kinds: Similac Sensitive, Gerber Gentle, & Gentlease. Since Gentlease is Enfamil & it's supposed to be gentler, would it be okay for me to give him this, till I get the WIC situation handled or since the ingredients are different, would it be too harsh on his belly? TIA!

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Replies (11-13):
sapphyre_rose
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I am on wic and they will give what's right for your babies needs.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Here is a bump for you. Gl
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN